bitches on my handlebars.

Dominic
Mateo rolls his sleeves up,"Let's play a game."

After I beat him and Syd in Uno he decided to give me a tour of the house. He says he wants me to see the Cam and Ramos. I honestly think he just wants to he told me alone so we could talk.

I fold my arms and lean against the door frame of the upstairs. It was just the both of us.  "Okay, what game?" I could still hear shouts from Syd,Pedro and Jay. They was all revved up about that Mario Cart game.

He pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose and leans against the opposite wall. "Twenty one questions."

"I should have known."

"You go first,"he says with his hands in his jean pockets. I should have known Mateo would plan to get answers out of me some how.  I know I should be honest with h because he deserves it but then again,I can't burden him with my problems.

"Okay, was you the one to cut the grass?"

He scoffs,"ha!  No my mom hired a guy. She got tired of me cutting her grass too low." He's still the same lazy Mateo. That calms me a bit. "You know I don't do manual labor. Especially on Saturdays."

I chuckle at his honesty, "I thought so.  I had to make sure you haven't changed on me." He was always honest with me. I guess that's why people came to him for advice.

We stare at each other  just for a short period before realizing it's awkward. "Uh-right. It's my turn.  I hadn't really been prepared.  I would have made a list." Of course ,sarcasm.

I roll my eyes ," come on, spit it out." I really did miss that about him. His sense of humor was one his best qualities. " the tattoos.  What's the deal?"

I should have seen that question coming.  "It was something to do."I lied.  To be truthful, I did it to ease the pain.  It was either that or drinking and I refuse to kill my liver. He studies me for a moment not believing a thing I'm saying.

"So you don't believe me now?"

"I believe it's only half the truth."

"It's my turn.  Do you have a girlfriend now?" My eyes were on his shoes but I peer up through my eyelashes. I hope he doesn't.  Even if he says no I'm going to be totally cordial. He has a girlfriend. I can just feel it.

He shakes his head 'no'. I wanted to smile so bad but I kept my poker face.  It doesn't matter no way. I'm not good for him. "I had a boyfriend but he wasn't for me."

So he's into guys.  He came out just like he said he would.  "Really what did your m-" He put up his index finger for me to wait. "It's my turn, remember? "

I scoff and let him have his turn. "Why didn't you call me when you left? I tried getting in contact with you but nothing. Could you be honest with me and give the full story?"

I couldn't blame him for prying. I feel bad for concealing but it's for his own good. I've been off the deep end. "I umm, we had to move away because some shit happened back home. For awhile we didn't have access to phone and stuff. I've been really busy. "

He didn't like my answer. His eyes dropped to he ground quickly and he fiddles with his fingers again. "You've been really busy?"he scoffs.