Chapter 2

The sorting hat sat at the front of the dining hall, waiting for the students to file in. Pj and I were the first ones to sit down, Dan and Chris sat across from us and started talking about the Slytherin house. I turned to Pj and sighed. 

"What's wrong Phil?" He asked.

"Do you really think that I belong in Ravenclaw?" I asked quietly.

"Phil, we will be friends no matter what house you get sorted into." He replied with a small smile.

"Thanks, Pj," I said.

Dumbledore stood on a pedestal of some sorts and announced that the sorting will commence. I never remember hearing Pj's name but he eventually got up and went over to the hat.

"Ravenclaw!" The hat exclaimed, Pj went to the Ravenclaw table and smiled.

A while later Dan got up and sat down. 

"Given your circumstances, you belong to Slytherin!" Dan smiled slightly and walked over to the table. Chris got up and walked over, just passing Dan. Dan whispered something into Chris's ear that made him smile. 

"No, you don't belong in Slytherin...Gryffindor!" Chris's smile turned to a frown as he looked down at the ground and very slowly walked over to the Gryffindor table, who congratulated him.

I finally heard my name and walked over to the dreaded hat....

This isn't too bad... I think to myself.

"No, it isn't." The hat responded.

"Umm hi, how are you?" I asked too scared to say anything else.

"I'm great, and you're a Hufflepuff." It said nonchalantly.

"Are you sure because I would really think that I would be in Ravenclaw... like my mum," I said quietly.

"Don't worry, you'll be very happy in Hufflepuff."

I got down from the chair as more names were called and more houses were named. People seemed to be happy with their houses, so I decided to take a chance on mine. The Hufflepuffs seemed to be quite friendly and they all came together as a great family. 

~

"Don't worry, Chris. They're always here. Every day they take the stairs down here and study or whatever." A familiar voice said.

"Seems weird that you know that but okay." I heard another person say, also quite familiar.

"Ugh just trust me and thank me later." 

Two figures rounded the corner. Pj and I were studying in the library as they walked in. Pj was too wrapped up in studying to hear anything but I just assumed they were looking for one of their friends.

"..Oh yeah! Being on the quidditch team is so tiring, I mean compared to the other player's coach said I was the best." Chris said proudly to Dan glancing over at Pj.

"Oh yes, Chris you are so good at quidditch you are totally going to win the first game coming up soon!" Dan said half sarcastically.

I giggled as Pj looked up from his Potions book and eyed Chris just as Chris looked back at him. Chris seemed to be feeling better after the sorting hat. He had accepted that he was a Gryffindor and started to enjoy it.

Dan whispered something to Chris and he turned around and walked away.

~

Herbology was always my favorite class, something about plants always sparked my interest. My mum had let me plant a couple of plants in my room and I had named them all.

Dan was sat in front of me cursing as he tried a spell to make his mandrake grow. Instead, he just made it cry louder. After class, I went up to him and complimented his plant. He chuckled quietly and sighed.

"I will never pass this class. It's too...green," he said quietly as he packed up his books.

"Well, I am getting a good grade in the class," I started, "I could help you if you'd like!"

"Umm, sure. How about after the Hufflepuff vs Slytherin quidditch game today?" Dan suggested.

"Sounds good! I'll meet you in the library!"

The game started out well, I had dragged Pj with me and sat right between the Slytherins and the Hufflepuffs. I spotted Chris making his way down the aisle and waved him over. He sat down next to me and took out a Slytherin banner and started waving it. Pj giggled next to me.

"What?" Chris asked.

"I never thought I would see a Gryffindor hold a Slytherin banner," Pj replied with a glare from Chris. 

"I think that it's very nice that you're supporting Dan, Chris. He seems really good at this game." I said breaking the silence.

"Yeah, he's pretty good, he taught me everything I know actually," Chris said.

After the game, Dan flew down to Chris, Pj, and I. 

"So? How was I?" he asked.

"Really good! That was a great game." I said, looking over to Pj. He nodded. 

~

"I had no idea you played quidditch!" I exclaimed to Dan, "I mean you were really really good! And you caught the snitch! I wouldn't have known you were a seeker!"

"Haha, thanks, Phil but I think we should talk about Herbology for now and quidditch later."

I giggle as I start reading the chapter to him, pausing at the moments he doesn't understand and answering his questions. Dan really is a good person, maybe not all Slytherins are bad....

Pj and I were studying as Dan ran up to us waving the recent Herbology test we'd gotten back.

"Phil! I passed! Thank you so much!" Dan exclaimed.

"No problem, Dan!" I replied happily.

Pj started to pack up and I gave him a questioning look.

"I have to go" was all he said. Strange, Pj tells me everything. My thoughts were interrupted by Dan chuckling. 

"The Gryffindor vs Ravenclaw game doesn't start for another hour Peej, where are you going?" Dan asked slyly.

"Nowhere. And don't call me Peej," he scowled, "Later Phil."

Pj started up the stairs and when he was out of sight, Dan walked over and whispered, "I know where he's going, follow me..."

A/N

Yo yo yo, my dudes!!! Wow, two chapters in two days I am on a roll. Up until Christmas this year I am determined to write a chapter a day (at this length). So, since today is the 19, look out for about 6 more chapters!

Kat is out! <3