Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Dax

"Dax, we have been driving for over an hour. I do have to work tonight." Aspen groaned. I chuckled slightly and could feel her glare burning into the side of my head.

"Since when do you work?" I steal a glance over my shoulder at her, smirking as I see her lips parted open as if she was offended.

"I used to work all the time back home, thank you very much."

"Okay, little bird. Whatever you say." I make a left turn down a dirt road before pulling over into the trees.

"Okay this is very axe murdery of you." She says looking around.

"Just shut up and follow me." I roll my eyes and open the door to her car and step out. I start walking into the line of trees, the fall foliage crunching beneath my shoes. It wasn't as hot as mid summer anymore, but not yet a winter chill.

I turn and look at Aspen who is staring up at the trees in awe. She looks beautiful under their arching branches, covering the trail we walked on like a canopy. "It's beautiful." She breathed.

Leaves fell in her hair and a smile spread across her lips. I could not keep my eyes from her, "It is." I spoke softly. She looked at me and I cleared my throat pointing in front of us. "Just this way." I tuck my hands in my pockets, pushing through the woods as the sound of flowing water fills my ears and a clearing opens up to a roaring waterfall pouring into a natural made pool.

"Oh my god..." Aspen sighs as she stands next to me, "This is amazing." Her eyes are wide as she takes in the nature surrounding us.

"It's one of my favorite spots, I come here when I need to clear my head." I say taking a deep breath in. The air was so clean here unlike the air in the city.

"Is this your move? Take all the girls to your secret little hideaway place." She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

I laugh shaking my head, "No actually, my brothers and I have been coming here since we were teens."

"Brothers? I thought it was just you and Dani?" she scrunches her face in confusion.

God, she's fucking cute.

"Biologically, but..." I stare off, smiling slightly "Ryker, Elijah, and Logan. They're my brothers."

I saw Aspen tense, but it was gone as soon as it came. It was like this girl had a switch, just turning everything off and on. I wanted to understand her, know everything about her. How she feels and who hurt her so bad to make her this way.

"And how exactly is Logan a brother?" She looks at me with a smirk plastered on her lips.

My eyebrows scrunch in confusion. "You know her?"

"I know all your 'brothers', I've had my share of.. Moments with them. Logan just happens to be my new boss." She smiles,but turns away giggling at herself and I can tell it's a secret I want in on.

"Logan is a bro in all ways that matter. When did you start working at the bar?"

"Haven't yet technically, today is my first night and you better not make me late." She points a finger at me and I laugh.

"I won't, I promise. Surprised she hired you honestly, she typically hires a specific type of... people." I walk a head down to the glimmering pool.

"What is that supposed to mean? Think I can't handle a bar full of cringy men?"

I smirk looking back over my shoulder, "Oh she hasn't shown you yet." I chuckle. "You'll see." I strip off my shirt before reaching down and unbuckling my pants