{04} The Date

~Adele's POV~

"So, are you gonna tell me where we're going?"

"That'll be a no." He looked at me and smiled.

"I hate surprises" I mumbled.

"Sorry princess" he slid his hand onto my thigh.

I felt my body relax. God, it feels good to have someone actually show interest in me again. I missed this.

I put my hand on top of his.

I looked at him in the corner of my eye and saw him smile.

I'm falling... faster and faster. And I couldn't me more happy.

"Here we are" he finally said.

"I went to get out but he stopped me. He got out and ran around to my side and opened the door.

"What a gentleman" I grabbed his hand and got out.

"Close your eyes" he said.

"Simon if you run me into a pole or just leave me here I swear"

"Just close them, I'll protect you I promise" he said.

I looked him sternly in the eyes. He smiled cheekily.

"Fine" I closed them..

I then felt his hands come over my eyes.

"Is that necessary?" I asked.

"Of course, can't have you peeking"

He led me in silence for a while until he stopped me.

"Open"

I opened my eyes and in front of me was a gazebo lit with lights out on a lake. There was a table with candles lit in the middle and two wine glasses set out.

"Simon..."

"Come on" he slowly grabbed my hand and walked me to the gazebo.

"This is beautiful" I said in awe.

"Mm, this is average compared to your beauty" he complimented.

I never would've thought I would fall in love again. Not after Alex. The way he treated me. I honestly thought I loved him, but when he went off with that other girl, I just, I felt so used. I was just a pastime until he had "work". I can't go through that again. But something's different with Simon. He's.... special. He's good.

A tear slid down my cheek without me even realising it.

"Did I say something" he asked, wiping the tear away.

I smiled.

"No, of course not. Not at all. I just, I was thinking about my ex and I just never thought I could begin to even like someone again. Then you came and I just... thank you Simon." I smiled up at him.

"Hey, don't even think about him. He was an ass. You deserve better, and I'm not even sure I'm worthy of taking you out" he smiled back.

"Don't say that" I blushed.

"But it's true."

"Thank you" I said.

"No, thank you." He said back.

"What's for dinner?"

"Ah, you like pasta miss Adkins?"

"Yes!"

He reached for the giant plate cover and pulled it up by the handle. Steaming hot chicken alfredo was revealed.

"Shall we?" He asked.

"We shall" I replied.

He pulled back one of the chairs for me and motioned for me to sit down.

As I sat, he made his way to the other chair and sat down himself.

As we served ourselves, we made small talk, every once in a while, we laughed.

"That was amazing" I said.

"Why thank you" he replied.

He got up and walked over to a record player and started it up.

Elvis Presley's Can't Help Falling In Love came on.  (A/n is that what it's called?🙃)

"Care to dance, miss Adkins?"

"Of course"

I walked up to him and wrapped one arm around his neck and the other grabbed his left hand, his right on my lower hip.

We swayed to the music as it played. I slowly started to hum to it, and laid my head on his shoulder, sighing contently.

~Simon's POV~

She looks amazing, she loved everything, and now she's dancing with me. This couldn't get any better.

The song came to an end and she looked up at me.

Should I? I don't want to make her feel like I'm rushing things. Maybe she won't think anything of it, maybe she'll think I'm a-

Her lips connected with mine unexpectedly, taking me by surprise. It was a soft, gentle kiss. Her lips are perfect. She's perfect.

~Adele's POV~

I just went in for it, I couldn't stop myself. I don't want him to think I'm crazy. I just can't hide the feelings I'm starting to get for him. It's exciting.

Alex was an ass and it feels good to like someone again.

I pulled back and bit my bottom lip.

"Should we get going" he asked.

"Yeah" I smiled.

A/n so my phone has been off I'm super sorry😔 but hopefully this'll make up (not) 😛 I love you guys and hope you had a great Christmas 💕 yours, Danaye💜