{12} I'll Get You Back

~Simon's pov~

"Simon I'm sorry."

Adele had apologized at least 7 times in the last 2 minutes.

"Adele, it's okay," I said.

"No Simon, no it's not. My mum should love you. She should've never said what she did. It was wrong of her to say that."

"Adele, I can't help what she said, but it's over anyways so lets just let it blow over."

"I can't," she said walking out to the car.

"Why not?"

Her hair whipped around in the wind as she turned around to face me. Tears slowly making their way down her porcelain face.

"Because. Because my mother should accept you for who you are. I don't understand what is making it so hard for her to like you."

She's frustrated.

"Come here."

"Simon I can't just ignore this," she said in defeat.

I made my way over to her, taking long strides.

"She had no right to say the things she said in there. It's bull sh-"

I pulled her in for a passionate kiss next to my car.

Putting one hand on each cheek, I pulled back and put our foreheads together.

"It's going to be okay. She will just either learn to accept me or forget me. She doesn't even have to acknowledge me, as long as I get to have you, I don't care how much she hates me."

"Okay" she whispered.

"Okay" I smiled.

"Totally not a Fault in Our Stars moment" she giggled softly.

I pulled back and kissed the tip of her nose.

"Let's get home," I said, opening the passenger door.

She climbed in so I shut the door and made my way to the drivers side.

I slid my hand onto her thigh and started driving to her house, the car ride being silent.

This woman. She's everything I could ask for. She has such an amazing heart, wonderful personality, breathtaking features, and a damn good voice. I can't imagine losing her. She's currently the light of my life and I couldn't be more happier. Besides my little girl Georgie. She's, of course, part of my happiness in life at the moment. I just haven't told Adele. Every woman I've got involved with seemed to run away when I tell them about G. I don't see why. Georgie is a wonderful little girl. I'm have to do it soon. I don't need to become attached to Adele just to have her leave me.

"Simon, are you alright," she asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Of course I am."

I gave her thigh a soft squeeze to let her know I was okay.

"I'm fine Adele, stop worrying."

She simply smiled and turned her head to look out the window.

~Adele's pov~

He's thinking.

Thinking is bad.

Well it could be good. But also bad.

Stop overreacting Adele, it's nothing.

"I hope it rains," I finally spoke.

"I am in love with the smell of petrichor," Simon spoke.