#6 Marcelle is a man of his word

❝Mayor: "Oh, how horrible our Christmas will be!"

Jack: "No...how jolly."

Mayor: "Oh. How jolly our Christmas will be!"❞

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Matthew's Jeep pulls up into the driveway of his house, next to an elaborate and big Lexus

Matthew's Jeep pulls up into the driveway of his house, next to an elaborate and big Lexus. He hasn't seen the black car anywhere before and he's sure it's not his mom's boyfriend [he hasn't seen that man in quite a while and he drives a Ford, not a Lexus].

The front door is gawking, you can see straight into the living room on the other side. The boot of the Lexus is open with one suitcase in and a thin and grandiose woman wearing big saucer sunglasses stands next to the car with her phone to her ear.

Matthew pulls the key out of the ignition before falling out of the door. He doesn't like the idea that there's a car here with one suitcase in the boot. He gets an angry feeling about it and he doesn't like it. At all.

"Hey," he tries to pry the attention of the woman, but she waves him off with her golden plated fingers.

He rolls his eyes, walking into the house. The bottom floor is vacant, but the stairwell is occupied with a man he vaguely recognizes. [He saw his face on Wikipedia and social media images.]

"Mom!" He scolds, taking the stairs up to three at a time, passing the man. He's trying to make small talk with Matthew, but he just ignores him.

He doesn't want to talk to Harvey Griffin. The man is nothing to him.

He finds his mother on her knees in his bedroom, clearing out his bottom drawer. She's dumping all his sweaters into a stuffed suitcase.

Now the door's not the only one gawking, he is too.

"What the hell?!"

"Oh, hi Matty," she breathes. "Didn't expect you home so early."

"Mom, it's seven."

She checks her wrist, just to see her wrist is empty. She usually wears a watch, but only the pale, untanned strip of skin is. So instead her eyes fall to the watch on his wall, which tells her than it's two minutes over seven o' clock.

"Why are you packing my stuff?"

His bed is barren and robbed of his sheets and his walls are empty. His entire desk is empty and the only decorative pieces left are his sticky notes. Even his desktop is gone.