Chapter 5

Third Person P.O.V

Nightwing and Batman caught their breathes, they stood in a circle of fallen, scattered criminals. "Alfred, anything." "Well Master Wayne, the van is still at and hasn't moved from the bank at West Main, no alarms went off nor money has been stolen." Batman stared at the ground in confusion, he pressed the tracking button that was connected to her phone, Nightwing placed his staff on his back and went over to Batman. "What the hell is going on?" "It seems that girl you have a thing for is a (L/n) and she's went with Two face and Penguin on West Main." Nightwing's lips parted, he was about to run off before Batman put his arm in front of him. "We have to save her." "No. We're going after the vans." Nightwing' eyes narrowed, he took a step back and gave him a cold stare. "No? Look I'm going after her." Batman's eyes narrowed as well watching Nightwing walk off. "Dick, she's." "Look, I don't care. I know she's not like that. You just don't want to help her cause of her father's past." Nightwing and Batman stared down at each other, seconds later a gun shot went off, they both looked towards the direction the sound came from, then Nightwing looked back at Batman, catching his attention. "You do your thing. I'll do my own." Nightwing ran off, Batman's fist clinched together. "Nightwing! Get back here! You're not going after her!" Batman shot his grappling hook, he managed to pull Nightwing by his left foot to him, Nightwing kicked the hook off then got to his feet, grabbing his staff, holding it in both hands. "I won't let you stop me. If she dies. I'm blaming you." Batman let loose, he looked back only to get punched, he then grabbed and slammed a guy to the ground, Nightwing looked down then ran off, Batman saw this and just looked to the ground.

Reader P.O.V

The Joker smiled at you, you looked down at your knees, you looked back up and so did the Joker, Penguin, and Two face looked towards the phone that was beeping. "A tracker? I see Wayne doesn't trust you now." The clown laughed and threw the phone to the ground, it shattered, your lips parted and you tried to move out of the chair but the Joker ran back to you and took a clump of your (h/c) hair. "Now now. Let's not get feisty, you are a beauty but if it was me I'd put a bullet in your face right now." Your teeth clinched, you then relaxed, he let you go and walked away, with a skip, Two face then came up to you. "You work for me now." You stared up at him, his hands were in his pockets, the fat guy then started to cough and made his way to you. "What? Why not me, I'm richer than the both of you combined?" The Joker smirked, taking the cigar and tossing it to the ground, stepping on it, Two face just stared at you, you looked down after making eye contact, then shut your eyes. They opened soon after an explosion went off, everyone looked at the direction the smoke came from only to see the Batmobile started to shoot, everyone ducked and jumped out of the way, you gave a small scream and turned to the side, the duck tape loosed, you then were lifted up. You smiled but it faded seeing Batman, you then were placed on the ground, he looked at you then blocked and fought against Harvey's men, you felt some one take hold of your mouth, your eyes glanced up to see Two face holding a gun at you. "No one move! I'll blast her brains out!"

Third Person P.O.V

Everyone stopped moving, a few punches finished off first then everyone stopped, Batman stared at Harvey, (Y/n) remain on her knees with Dent's hand covering her mouth and the gun pressed against the side of her head. (Y/n)'s eyes were shut, the Joker was no where in sight, but Batman and others could hear his laughter, the Penguin was also no where in sight, a couple of men were knocked unconscious on the ground while three others had their hands raised. Two face didn't say anything, just looked around the room seeing how he took control of everyone in it. He was about to speak before Nightwing landed on top of him, once he did, everyone moved again.

Reader P.O.V

You gasped, you were lifted up once more, you were being carried bridal style down the marbled floors, you blushed seeing Nightwing's serious expression look around for a way out. Smoke pellets went off by the two of you, you started to cough lightly as he ran faster. The both of you made it outside of the bank, through one of the holes on the wall from Batman's explosion. It started to rain more, not pour, but not exactly sprinkle either, you were placed on the ground on your knees, Nightwing did the same next to you, catching his breath. "You okay?" You smiled and gave a head nod, you then looked back at the Bat with a concerned and worried face. "He'll be fine, he's Batman after all." "Nightwing." He looked at you, he smirked then pulled you to his chest, you blushed, you melted into it though, he then pulled back and looked at you. "My name is Dick Grayson." You gave him a nod, he smirked then smiled, after he did, your lips pressed against his, he tensed then melted into it, your lips moved against his, his hands went to your waist as yours went to the back of his neck. Once the both of you pulled apart, you each smiled and looked away from each other, he helped you up and stared at you, your hands were in his until the both of you looked towards Batman. "(L/n)." Nightwing stepped in front of you, you gave a confused look seeing him with Two face over his shoulder, before he was placed into the Batmobile that pulled up beside him. Your eyes slightly widen with parted lips, the fat man was already in the back of it, and Two face was strapped in, unconscious, next to him. Once Batman took a step forward, Nightwing pulled out his staff, holding it in both hands once it separated. "You have to go through me if you want to get to her." "Easy Nightwing. I just want to see if she's okay." Nightwing's eyes loosened at Batman's words, you moved from the side, out from behind him, and gave a small nod. "Yeah, I'm fine tha-." "Thank him not me. If it wasn't for him. You'd still be in there." You gave a small nod and closed your lips, you looked back up at Nightwing, he smirked and pulled you in for a hug, his eyes stared at Batman's, he smirked and that's what made Wayne smirk as well before getting into the Batmobile and driving off. You watched the car drive away, then pulled back from the hug and looked into the bank that was destroyed. "It wasn't your fault, don't blame yourself. I'm just glad you're safe." You smiled calmly, Nightwing then lifted up your chin. "It's more than puppy love...I love you." You blushed, you pressed your lips to his then pulled back. "I love you." "You'll meet the real me soon, let's get you home." You gave a small laugh once he picked you up bridal style, he walked with you as the sprinkling started to die down. You were in your apartment, staring out the widow, it was still dark out but around three in the morning was the time. You still had blush on your cheeks, you looked down at your old phone that was cracked but returned to you. "My life has changed once I moved to Gotham. In a good, and bad way." You turned off your phone, laid it on the end table then just laid in bed, bundled up the blankets after your shower. You stared at Wayne tower, then smirked with your eyes shut. "Thanks Dad. Now when you visit, if you do, you're going to get thrown in jail before you can meet my boyfriend."

(The end. Sorry for any errors I may have made. Follow for more Nightwing stories.)