Chapter 1

Tashlyn's P.O.V

"Hey! Excuse me, don't you have eyes?" This idiot walks into me, making me spill my  drink all over my blouse and doesn't even have the decency to  say sorry.

"What?!" He did not just... No! This bafoon did not  just say that!

"Now I know that fools do exist. Thank you so much for giving me such evidence."

"Huh?"

"Can't you say sorry?"

"Huh?, No way! You're crazy!"

"Seriously?" I utter but he pays me no mind and continues to scan the crowd for something or someone, completely ignoring me now.

Ok. I guess I need to try a new approach. I take a deep breath and try again. This time I tap his shoulder from behind, to get his attention.

 "Excuse sir but have you not realized that you have bumped into me hence spilling my drink all over my blouse?"

He looks at me as though noticing me for the first time. "Hi, did you say something?"

I gape at him as though he has flies coming out of his eyes or something. "Again, seriously?"

"Seriously?" He repeats. " I don't understand."

"What? You bumped into me!" I gesture to my clothes and he grimaces.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I really am. I did not realize." He looks quite sincere. "How can I make it up to you?"

I let out a slow breath to calm my nerves. "Look it's ok, just be careful next time."

"Again,I am really sor-" My phone rings cutting him off.

"Hello?" I answer with a slight annoyance in my voice, quite unlike my usual cheerful greetings.

It's Michael, my long time friend. "Hey Tash! Where are you?" He questions me.

"I'm still at the airport. You haven't come to pick me up as yet you know."

"What!" I overhear him saying some not too nice words, apparently to himself because I don't hear anyone respond to him. "Haven't you received any of my texts? I sent them over an hour ago."

"Well, my phone was off because I was on the plane and it was preparing to land. Besides I literally just passed through immigration and and stuff. I stopped at a store to grab a drink and turned on my phone like 5 minutes ago. " I turn to eye the stranger, who is looking quite apologetic at the mention of the word 'drink'. "I haven't gotten a chance to read any messages yet."

"Oh, ok."

"Why? What's in the message?" I ask cautiously, suspecting something amiss.

"Look Tash, I know you are going to be upset with me because I told you I was going to pick you up and I'm not there but-"

"Meeky!"

"Tash, just hear me out. I sent you messages earlier telling you that I could make it and as such I sent someone else in my stead."

"A stranger? Seriously? A Stranger? What if the person kidnaps me or something?"

"Tash, please calm down. You are overreacting."

"Calm? Really Meeky? Calm? I can't very well calm down! I am in a strange land with a stranger sent to pick me up!" I screeched into the phone.

"I know that you're mad but I promise I will make it up to you."

Just then I turn around and notice that the stranger, who made me spill my drink, is nowhere in sight.

"Great! Just great!" I said

"What's great?" Michael asks

"Everything! Everything is just great!. So when are you going to send the person? And how will I know who to look for? I asked, slightly irritated.

"I already sent him. He will find you don't worry. I told him what you are wearing." he responds

"Who is he anyway?

"A very good friend of mine."

"Really? I thought that I was your very good friend?" I smirk.

"Oh shoots!" I shout

"What happened, is everything alright?" questions Michael

"I forgot to tell you that I had to change before I left for the airport this morning. I wasn't feeling too comfortable so after we spoke I changed into something else." I tell him

"Seriously? And you are telling me this now?"

"Yes?"

I suspect that he is shaking his head right this moment. "Ok, what are you wearing now?"

"I'm wearing a blue long sleeve denim shirt with a short white tank top inside and a light pink high waist pants along with pink and white pumps." I look own at my outfit and smile to myself.

"Tash?"

"Yeah?" I answer

"You are a piece of work. Do you know that?"

"That's why you love me." I smile into the phone.

"Yeah." He responds

"So, when is he getting here?

"As soon as I hang up and let him know that the person in the black dress with yellow belt and matching pumps has made a wardrobe change."

"Hmmm...sorry"

"It's ok. I'll call him now. bye"

"bye Michael"

"Ecuse me, are you Tashlyn?" comes the sound of a faintly male voice just behind me.

I jump to the sound of my name and almost drop my phone along with the empty drink cup into the trash can. Thankfully I recover in time to deposit only the cup into the trash can. I whirl around to come face to face with...

______________________________________________________________________________

I do hope that you enjoyed this first part of my story "Unexpectedly". I had fun writing it and can only wish that you also have fun reading it.

Vote and Comment

Thanks in advance!