The Hidden Love

• Dedicated to Amber Lara Meyer

Introducing Lara,

My name is Lara, Lara Truter, and I'm nineteen years old. I was born in South Africa, but my family moved to New Zealand when I was three, I grew up here, but I hate how people say I'm a 'kiwi' when I'm not, yes, I was raised here, but I am proudly born in South Africa. School was okay for me, I was never one of those popular girls that everyone liked, I was just plain old me, but I was fine with that. I was thirteen years old when I started High School, and during my first year, I met my two best friends, Rosie and Jennifer, and to be honest, they're the only good thing that came out of High School, and I say that, because I had a horrible class that you have to stay with for your whole High School life, Rosie and Jennifer were also with me, and everyone teased us, well mostly Rosie and I and Jennifer couldn't give less of a shit.The boys teased me, and to make it worse it was one of the most hottest guys in our year following with his what I call 'gang' and they mostly went for Rosie, but also me. They would call me names that still hurt me today. I always said that I didn't care, but deep down I really did. I was always the good girl in class, but I'm not as good as what people think I am, I'm just a respectful person. The only thing that kept me smiling was my two best friends, my family and One Direction, especially Niall Horan. I moved to London, England a few months ago with Rosie and Jennifer to make our own life and forget the horrible past, but even moving country hasn't made me let go of the pain fully. I got a job and live with my two best friends who are like my sisters. I've got a job with Rosie at a hair salon in the city, while I try to become an actress. Jennifer works with the police force and she's very good with it, and even better she met her boyfriend Mal Finn, but Rosie and I are still single, and to be honest I think it's because we're too in love with other people, and I know I sound stupid, but we're in love with Niall Horan and Harry Styles. Still. I really do think moving here and making my own life will help me let go of my past.