Starting this out with some fluff for you guys ily

Peridot slept a lot. Too often for Lapis's liking, but it was something that had grown onto Peridot while on Earth, and now was at least a daily activity. She slept wherever she was able to when she felt like it. It was amazing how often she just laid there, and for how long as well.

The barn didn't have many comfortable places for sleeping. Lapis immediately thought that the couch would be the most favorable place for a nap, but Peridot thought differently.

Lapis was her favorite pillow. Currently, they were in the barn, and Lapis was stuck under the light weight of Peridot's body. They were on the hammock that stretched from one end of the barn to the other.

Lapis wanted to go somewhere, but Peridot looked so peaceful on her chest. Her face was relaxed and calm. Her breathing was deep, calm, and rhythmic. Her heartbeat was loud against Lapis's collarbone.

Lapis never realized how small Peridot was. Peridot's face was nuzzled against Lapis's neck, but her legs barely reached down to Lapis's knees. She so light, like Lapis could easily lift her up if she wanted to.

Lapis gently placed her foot on the floor, and slowly rocked back and forth. Peridot seemed to relax even more, with a smile growing on her face.

"Are you actually asleep?" Lapis asked, running her hand through her hair. There was no reply to Lapis's question, and the breathing continued to be constant.

"How do you do this? Relax for so long?" Lapis could never relax, she was always on edge when she was alone. She could never imagine having to rest like this for hours on end, trusting that no one would hurt them.

It was a good feeling, to be trusted so much by Peridot.

"Why do you trust me this much?"

...

"I didn't trust you."

...

"I trust you now, though."

...

"Maybe not as much as you trust me, but I trust you. Even with...everything in our past. I love you. You...trust me..."

...

"...Why...Why do you trust me? I'm terrible. I hurt Jasper. I hurt you."

...

Lapis was crying. The warm tears landed on Peridot's hair, flattened them down.

"Lapis?"

"I'm sorry." Lapis wiped away her tears. Peridot still looked sleepy and drowsy.

"I trust you...I love you too...It was just...in the past." Peridot was still slipping into sleep again, trying to keep talking.

"I love...you...I....love you..."

"Why?" it was a hushed whisper.

"You're sorry for how you hurt me, right?"

"Yes. Yes." Lapis ran another hair through Peridot's hair.

"Then I love you. I forgive you." Peridot rubbed her eyes, and rested her head back on Lapis's collarbone. Her breathing evened again.

Lapis rocked them back and forth, slowly, with her foot on the ground.

"I love you."

"Love you too."  

~~~

yeah this was crap hhahahahaha this fluff is so much.