Letters of Affection (Ruby x Sapphire)

(This is written by Ruby to Sapphire during one of the few times they unfuse)

Honestly, we've been together for over seven thousand years and we haven't done this yet? Also I thought you would do this first. You have a better way with words. You're smarter. But I'll try my best, for you I'll always try my best.

You... And I'm already ran out of words. You. That's. Just you. You are so amazing. When we first met, you could have had me shattered, you could have avoided me. You can see into the future, you could have seen the pain in our futures and the loss that we would feel. You could have gone back to Blue Diamond's court and lived your life out in luxury and comfort.

Instead you decided to stay on this strange planet with a lower class gem, with no clue what was in our future. You were so confused, and you didn't even bother looking into the future.

It was the first time I saw you living in the present instead of the future. You didn't look into the future, you didn't even think about looking at what might have happened if you went back home. You had all the answers in your reach, but you, for some reason, didn't even make a move towards it.

Was it the planet? It was beautiful, after all. This planet had so many more colors, and somehow the colors all seemed a little brighter here, a little happier as well. The blues here were so much deeper because there was actually something under them, right? There was always something underneath in this planet. There was always something else to the story in a place like this.

Was it fear? Fear that you wouldn't be accepted back at Homeworld, even with your future vision. It's not always right.

Was it me? A lowly warrior gem that bumped into you on the first time we met. A bodyguard that failed to guard. What did you see if me? Companionship? Freedom? Or just the opportunity to have more than one eye?

You were so smart, so confused about this planet. I had been trained to protect you, and I was injected when I was formed with the knowledge and how to survive on Planet Earth. You were so lost, and you didn't have the knowledge of how Earth worked.

You had no idea how to survive on your own, but at the same time you were calm. You were so understanding when even I wasn't. You seemed to know why I saved you even when I didn't. You seemed to know why I saved you, even when you would have come back, unharmed, in a few days.

I'm so glad you chose all those things. All the choices that were unfamiliar and scary and dangerous, just to stay with me. I'm so glad that we stayed together, even with all the pain in our pasts. Because it was our pasts, instead of my past and your past.

Even with all the pain, we were able to share it.

I know that we didn't share all our past.

But I hope that we will be able to share the rest of our futures.

With Love and Fusions,

Ruby.