Chapter 36

"Mason, baby, you need to open those pretty little eyes of yours so we know you're okay." I groan when I feel pain pounding in my head. I never knew that this much pain could come from blacking out, but then again it could also be from when I slammed my head against the bathtub, that always makes it hurt a little.

"Shut up, I'm trying to sleep." I grumble when I register the voice that had spoken. Chuckles sound around the room and I know that I have to open my eyes.

Begrudgingly I open both of my eyes and stare up at the blue ceiling. Who paints there ceiling blue? I mean, I thought all ceiling were white.

"There you are. We're glad your awake, now, can you tell me the date." I stare at the doctor in disbelief. How am I suppose to know the date if I've been passed out?

"How the h*ll should I know? I've been past out." I grumble as I sit up, ignoring the soft grip trying to push me back down.

"Alright, stupid question. Now, can you tell me your name?" I stared at him in exasperation.

"I hit my head, not even that hard, I know what my f*cking name is. And my birthday and all that sh*t, so you don't have to bother asking." I seethed, doesn't he realize I have more important things to worry about then this?

"Mason, calm down." I turn and frown when I see Charles and all of his family smiling amusedly at the doctor and me. I grunt at then before turning my legs so they dangle of the bed and stand up, only to sit back down when the room spins.

"Whoa! Take it easy! You have a head injury, that's serious business." Aria exclaims as she pushes me back down on the bed.

"Yeah, which will be healed in like, twenty minutes, so I don't have to worry about it. Now let me up, I have things to do." I grumble while wiggling out of Aria's strong hold.

"Mason, we have more to talk about then just your physical health." The doctor exclaims as he tries to keep me in my seat but not physically harming me.

"What do you mean? I only hit my head! You are all blowing this way out of proportion! I'm fine!" I cry out angrily as I stare at the flabbergasted doctor. Images flash avross my mind before I can stop them, and I cringe back into the bed. Everyone notices the movement and frowns at me.

"Mason, I think it would be a good idea if you stay in bed sweetheart. You should heal up before you try and do anything." I look at Zoro and everything seems to click.

I have pushed away my past for so many years. I have done everything in my power to forget about what had happened to me, what could be done to me. I protected myself with everything I had, but now, now I had someone to keep me safe. I had family.

After so many years of being alone I finally understand why everyone made a big deal about family.

Family is everything. Looking at Zoro, and Ashton, and Charles I think of all the things that I could have. I think of Dalota and Darean and their false hope that someone would want the 'lowly omegas'. I think of my siblings, left in and world of pain and sin that would never be cleansed of the pack for as long as I live.

I think of all these things and and I think of ways that they have gotten better, or ways that they could. And I always come up with one explanation.

Family.

Family means a lot of different things, but to me, it means that someone has your back because they love you, they love you so much that they would be willing to do anything to make your life better. They love you.

I've realized I've never had love before, even my parents hated me because I was an omega. I was always the forgotten child, always the screw-up.

But now, staring at the group of people I consider family, I let the first tear fall. I let them hold me as I sob for the innocence I lost, and the ones I loved that were lost along the way.