Chapter 50

"I'm telling you. I don't know what happened. So stop asking me what happened because I don't know!" I finally explode after I had been asked for the hundredth time what had happened while we were in the kitchen. I know everyone just wants answers, and so do I, but I don't have the answers that they want.

"Calm down Mason." Charles softly reassured me as he rubs my back softly. I sigh as I lean back in my seat and cross my arms over my chest. I know I shouldn't be getting so worked up, but I just want to know what is going on with my body. I have a right to know what is going on with my body.

"I don't want to say something that might not be true, but do you think it could be...." Zoro says as he stares at Riley with an expectant look. Rason and Rian seem to know what he is implying because all of them turn to look at me.

"Maybe, but wouldn't there be a prophecy or something saying that he is...you know what?" Riley says as he looks at me for the corner of his eyes. I have to clench my fist to not burst out in anger at the obvious way they are trying to keep what they are saying from me.

"Maybe we just don't know about it. We didn't know about mine until Jedidiah came and told us about it. I wish he was still here, but of course him being him had to run off and 'explore' the world." Zoro says with a small scowl as he thinks about this Jedidiah guy. I'm about to say something when Rason speaks up.

"Well, Jedidiah didn't show up until you almost died, so maybe that what has to happen with Mason. He needs to almost die." Charles stands up and begins shouting in anger. Riley stands up and begins to shout back at him, and soon the whole room is alight with men yelling at each other because of me, because of something that they all think is true but won't even explain to me.

Finally after having enough of the flying testosterone in the room I stand up and climb into the table. Everyone stops what they are saying to look at me.

"Everyone shut up and someone tell me what is going on, because I have no idea what prophecy you are talking about, and who this Jedidiah guy is, or why we have to wait for me to almost die before someone like him comes. I just want to know some of the details so that I don't get killed or someone else killed. Is that too much to aks from you guys?" I ask. I pant as I stare all of them in the eyes. Finally Zoro breaks and sits down in his seat. I slowly climb down the table with Charles help and take my own seat.

"Before I even  found out about my abilities, I had no clue about anything relating to them. Then this guy shows up and says he's my protector. I have no idea what he is talking about, but then this group of people try to attack us. He explained to us the prophecy and then told us about Desdemona trying to kill me. He showed me how to control and use my abilities. It seems as if your abilities are starting to bloom, and your protector isn't here to help you, so we don't really know what to do." Zoro explained he stares me in the eyes. I purse my lips as I hear him explain. I always wished it would be cool to be like Zoro, have amazing abilities and save the world, but now that all the pressure is out on my shoulders, I'm not sure that I want to be like him. Funny how that works.

"So, for my protector to come I have to almost die?" I ask quietly as I stare at the table in thought.

"Well, that's what happened with me. I don't really know how it works." Zoro explains as he shrugs his shoulders in defeat.

"Well, then. Let's find a way to almost kill me." I say, only to be interrupted but a humored voice.

"I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to let you do that, Mason."