9. House Of "Gold"

Just so you guys know, the chapter title is a play on words. It actually has nothing to do with Twenty Øne Piløts. :P

Also, coreyriffinrulez will be featured in this chapter. Yay! 

~Recap of the last chapter~

" I don't want to see dad. I hate him and he hates me. We both know this." I argue, crossing my arms.

"Please." She begs, "Besides, you could really use a day or two out of National City."

I sigh in frustration, but reluctantly agree to go.

" Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're the best twin brother ever!" Daniella squeaks.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

What did I just get myself into?

---------------------------------------------

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Daniella asks. We're almost ready to leave, but I still haven't any idea what I'm going to do about Charlotte.

"Oh, um, just a few things. I can't really find them at the moment. I should go look for them." I say while turning around.

"Deven, wait--"

I cut her off by slamming the door of the guest room behind me. Charlotte squeaks from the startling sound, almost falling off her bed. I motion for her to keep quiet.

"What is it? Is someone else here?"

I nod, "My sister. She wants me to help her tell dad about some things."

"That's nice! Did you agree?" She asks with her normal, cheery, smile.

"I did, but now I have no clue what to do with you."

"What do you mean?"

"I," I step closer and kneel in front of her so she can hear me clearly, "I have to find someone to keep an eye on you. You can't be here by yourself." I whisper shout.

"Why not? I'm perfectly capable of--"

I laugh as quietly as I can. I don't mean to hurt her feelings, but what she's saying is absolutely ridiculous.

"Char, I couldn't leave you alone in the kitchen for less than five minutes. You really think I'll leave you here for less than 24 hours?"

She angrily crosses her arms and puffs her cheeks out, "Fine. Call someone to babysit me then." C.A. pouts.

"Don't look at me like that, Charlotte..."

She turns her head away from me, "I don't know what you mean, Deven."

"You know what I mean." I say, "C'mon. Smile for me?"

"No. I refuse."

"If I let you go shopping again, then will you smile?"

She ponders the idea for a moment before saying, "I suppose I could, but it depends."

I roll my eyes, "So is that not an option?"

"Not an option."

I sigh in frustration, "What can I do then?"

She turns over to face me again, leaning close. I feel nervous for some reason and I don't know why. She's extremely close, maybe even too close. Should I tell her to move? Should I not? Should I just ignore it? I don't even know what I should do. Charlotte taps her chin.