3 | explanations with a little guy stupidity

3: explanations with a little guy stupidity

"The trouble is you think you have time."

"So you're telling me, this unknown... well FQ has been messing with you ever since yesterday?" Matt asks looking me in the eyes. I nodded.

I explained everything to him in just a few minutes after we didn't take the call.

"We have to tell your dad, this is so sick Alex." He says jolting up from the couch. I quickly stand up "No Matt! We can't, I mean I wanna find my mom and we can't do that; letting the entire city know about this mystery place." I say.

"Mystic Falls?"

I nodded. "Alex... do you know how crazy you sound right now. You do not wanna go to the police when there's a person basically stalking you." Matt said raising his eyebrows.

I sighed and sat back down on the couch. "I know it sounds stupid but... I kinda wanna go see if she's there for myself before a police officer does." I sadly say. Matt runs a hand through his hair and takes in a deep breathe.

"So only you and I know about this?" Matt asks. I was about to nod until I heard a noise from Matt's back pocket.

"No! I know about this too now! And I say we should take a little trip to Mystic Falls."

Matt and I's eyes go big. Uh-Oh!

"James?!" I shout as Matt takes his phone from his back pocket. "Yes it is ma'am."

"Okay, so you basically heard everything?" I ask. "Mmmhmm. And I wanna be apart of it." He chirps.

"Is there anyone else with you?" I ask. "Nope." He answers.

I glare at Matt while he just looks at me. I smack his arm "You idiot! You actually butt dialed someone!" I say. He winces "He's not just someone, it's James." He says making me put a hand over my forehead.

"Like that makes anything better. What if it wasn't James!" I say.

"Anyway, I'm coming over and you better have food." James says. We begin to hear static noises on the other end. "I do not- She has donuts, man!" Matt cuts me off with a smile.

"Really?! From Tiara's Donut Palace?" James asks. "Yup!" Matt answers. I cross my arms and walk back over to the couch.

Great! Now James knows and he'll probably tell the whole city!

"Alright see you when you get here." Matt says before hanging up. I stare at Matt as he puts his phone away. I cleared my throat and he looks up at me "That kid is nuts." Matt says totally oblivious to the fact that I'm still pissed.

"I cannot believe you!" I blurt out. Matt frowns and takes a seat beside me "Don't hate me, hate my phone." He jokes. I smack his arm again. "This isn't a time for joking Matt!"

He sighs "Okay look, only us three know now. Isn't that better, I mean if I'm not around and James is, you can talk to him about this."

Hmm. He's got a point.

"I have point. Anyway, I think we should actually go check it out for ourselves." He all-of-a-sudden says.

I grab the pillow from behind my back and hit him with it. "Ow, what was that for?" He asks.

"You're so bipolar! It's one thing you tell me to go the police but then you change your mind and now you wanna go explore Mystic Falls like it's a underground cave." I state.

"Okay one; Searching an underground cave would be like so awesome, two; I don't think that makes me bipolar, I mean I still think we should go to the cops after we search the place and three; we can take my truck, it'll be fix tomorrow we can leave first thing Monday night." He states.

My! My! My!

"I just think... we should... I don't know... okay. I do have directions." I stated. "I know you told me, I didn't even know those streets existed." Matt says with a chuckle making me smile.

+++

"So, the paper hit your shoulder and then you read it and now you think it's like a voodoo queen doing some voodoo shit or something?" James says taking a bite of his donut.

This kid!

"James! Dude! We didn't say anything about a voodoo queen. If anything it was Alex's stalker which lives in Tulsa." Matt says.

"You have a stalker that lives here?" James asks with amazement in his eyes. "Wait no, I don't think he would be living in Tulsa." Matt added.

"I think he would but if he lived out of town, that'll be even more cooler. Right Al?" James asks. Matt and him turn to me.

Boys.

"Okay losers, I don't have a stalker and I doubt the person lives in Tulsa. I mean did I not show you both a paper for Mystic Falls?" I asked looking at the two.

"What's Mystic Falls again?" James asks. I sighed and handed him the paper. "Oh yeah, I remember now. So we're leaving Monday night?" James asks. Matt and I nod.

"Okay, well I have to go." He says getting up from the floor. "Why so early?" I ask standing up. "I'm gonna plan a good bye party for myself." He answers.

I smack my forehead. Matt puts a hand over his heart "Dude, what about us?" James raises his eyebrows "Oh yeah, a good bye party for us three." He says nodding at Matt and I.

Oh boy.

"Sit down now James. Let me explain to you once again why we're leaving Monday at night." I sternly said.

===
James Clarke is portrayed by Josh Hutcherson.

[Height: 5' 7
Eye color: hazel
Hair color: dark brown]

[Height: 5' 7Eye color: hazelHair color: dark brown]