Chapter Five - Emayn

It's so cold.

    I slowly crawl towards the bars of my cell, letting out a hoarse croak. "Let me out. Someone, please."

    A small sob escapes from my throat. I'm never getting out of this cell alive. The queen is the only one who knows I'm down here, and clearly she's prepared to leave me to die.

    I inhale slowly, raising my left hand before me. "Please. She's taken everything else... Just one spark. That's all I'm asking for."

    My eyes flutter close as I reach down into my core, searching for any power I have left. Please, I need this extra strength. Something to bring me back from the darkness. I'm faerie royalty, heir to the throne. One of the strongest of my kind. If I can't even summon a spark of my power...

    Heat smothers my face. It can't be... Since I've arrived to this horrid, I haven't been able to summon my powers. But if I can do so now...

    "Open your eyes, girl, before I decide to take back this food." A innocent, sweet voice demanded.

    I quickly opened my eyes, gazing at my hand. Nothing was there. Sorrow drowning me inside, I locked eyes with the woman before me. In her hand was a torch, crackling in the cold air. That's where the heat-- I'm a halfwit for having such hope.

    "Your Majesty." I croaked, my voice hardly audible. My throat was dry, and every breath felt like a dagger was piercing my skin.

    The queen kneeled down so she was at the same height as me. A brilliant smile covered her face, annoying me greatly. She extended her hand towards me, waiting patiently for me to react.

    I gazed down at her hand, my eyes catching on the slim golden band. "You want me to kiss your ring? Forgive me, but I'm not one of your simpleton slaves." I drawled.

    The queen extracted her hand, shaking her head slightly. "Your lack of obedience is appalling. Faerie, if you ever wish to get out of here, you must do as I say."

    I lowered my head, any confidence I had vanishing. A delighted smile crossed her face as she took in my submission.

    "Good girl. Now, look me in the eye." The queen muttered, her voice containing it's normal innocence.

    My eyes rose to hers, the fear inside me escalating. The queen slowly reached her hand inside of my cell through the bars. Her hand clasped onto my chin roughly, her eyes scanning over my face. Frustration filled her eyes, as she slowly dug her nails into my flesh.

    Pain erupted inside me, an icy cold running through my blood. My body shook from the chill, a shrill scream escaping from my throat. Blood dripped down my face, hot against my frigid skin.

    Something seemed to explode inside me. Heat coursed through my body, defeating the chill that overtook me. I began to feel more powerful, my strength regained.

    Suddenly, the queen let out a loud scream. She quickly pulled her hand away from me, cradling her arm against her body. I peered over at her. A burn covered her arm, blistering.

    I extended my hand out before me, a flame immediately forming in my palm. Letting out a low laugh, I twirled my hand in the air. The flames seemed to dance, creating whatever I wished.

     A loud snap rang through the air, and something heavy clasped onto my wrists. The flame in my hand vanished, leaving me feeling empty. The queen stood before me. My eyes quickly darted towards the cold metal around my wrists.

    I let out a low whimper, pulling on my bound arms. They wouldn't budge. The magic inside me seemed to be gone, the empty pit in my stomach worse than before.

    "Nothing will work, faerie." The queen uttered.

    Me heart sunk. Any hope I had of escaping is gone. The metal hanging from my wrists were forged to block out the wearer's magic, and that's what is being done.

    "You're despicable. Once I'm out of here, I'll be the one to kill you. And I promise, your death will be anything but pleasant." I seethed.

    The queen smiled down at me. "Oh? And here I was thinking you grew up to be a polite young lady."

    The queen shook her head, grabbing hold of the torch she'd earlier discarded. "I'd ask for you to light it, but I fear you're not capable of doing so at the moment."

    She walked towards the door, turning to face me right before she left. "Oh yes. No food for the rest of the week. You've been quite troublesome today."

     Quietly, Her Majesty opened the door, sneaking outside. I merely watched, a small sob escaping from my throat. My tears stung the cuts on my cheeks, filling me with a burning pain. If only I could die sooner, all the pain I've endured for the past years would end.

    I crawled over to the pile of straw in the corner of my cell, huddling up into a ball. The walls were freezing cold, sending a deep shiver down my spine.

    I rubbed at my face attempting to clear the tears dripping down my face. Yet, it was blood from the wound the queen inflicted on me. I sat in silence, listening as my blood dropped to the hard ground.

    I'm cold.

    I'm hopeless.

   I'm cowardly.

    I'm dying.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

    This chapter seemed a little more serious than the other ones. But I promise, the next will be much more fun to read.

    I hope you enjoyed, and please make sure to comment and vote.

    Guys, I really do hope you're enjoying this story.  Every single read means a lot to me. Votes are nice, but just knowing that you guys have been sticking with me along the way means even more. I just want to say, thank you.

    Bye!