Chapter 3: Summer

Katie's POV

                "Mom, I'm home!" I yell walking into my house. I peek into the living room. Nope not there. Kitchen? Nope. I go upstairs and find her in her room.

                "Mom didn't you hear me-" I stop talking as I see she is packing.

                "Where you going?" I ask, though I know the answer. Probably on a business trip, cause that's what my mom is a business lady.

                "Not where I'm going. It's where we are going." My mom turns to look at me.

                "Uh…where are we going?" I ask dreading the answer. She can't be taking me on a business trip cause her boss won't let her. Believe me I tried.

                "On a cruise." My mom beams. I gasp. A cruise? I've never been on a cruise before.

                "When do we leave?" I ask.

                "Tomorrow." My mom goes back to packing.

                I quickly rush into my room and start packing. Though it takes me about 3 hours, I finally get it done. I then smell delicious food coming from the kitchen. I race down the stairs and into the kitchen to see my worst nightmare come true.

Austin Mahone was in my kitchen.

Austin's POV

                As soon as I got home, my mother called me into the living room to have a talk with me. Which is ever good.

                "Yes mom?" I ask plopping down next to her on the couch.

                "Just wanted to let you know that we are going on a cruise tomorrow." My mom explains not taking her eyes off the tv. I look at it to see she's watch CSI or something.

                "Awesome." I grin. A cruise should be fun this summer. I wonder if she will let me take Alex.

                "Yes, Alex can come. But ONLY Alex." My mom gives me a look. Yes mom, I'm going to bring my stupid girlfriend with me on a cruise. I roll my eyes.

                "Go pack and change into something nice." My mom says as I stand up.

                "Why?" I ask.

                "Because we are going over to the Rhoades' for a bit."

                "What!?" my eyes narrow. I don't like Katie why would I want to see her family?

                "Don't argue Austin. It's a surprise. Now go get ready." my mom shoos me out of the room. I run up the stairs to my room and shut my door. I then hop in the shower for a nice long shower. After I get out I dress in my nicest jeans and a green button up shirt with a plain white tee underneath. I then pull on my favorite pair of Air Jordans and head downstairs to find my mom waiting for me.

                "Ready to go?" She asks. I nod and we head next door.

Katie's mom answers the door and quickly ushers us inside. I look around the fully furnished house in surprise. I see ornate vases expensive looking stuff and feel not so rich. Her family must be well off. I then notice my mom walking into the kitchen still talking to Katie's mom, whose name I quickly learn is Diane.

                "Katie will be so surprised when she finds out." Miss Rhoades says.

                "Surprised about what?" I ask.

                "That both our families are going on a cruise together." My mom smiles. My jaw drops. I have to spend an entire summer with her on a boat!? I couldn't have asked for a worse punishment. Before I can protest, I hear footsteps. I turn my head to see Katie walk into the kitchen. She stops when she sees me.

                "Mother, why are Austin and his mom in our kitchen?" she asks.

                "I could ask the same damn thing." I cross my arms.

                "We wanted to tell you both that you need to start getting along." My mom crosses her arms mirroring me. I sigh and uncross my arms. I hate it when she does that.

                "Why would I ever get along with him?" Katie asks scooting away from me. I don't like you either sweetheart or your Spongebob pajamas

                "Because you two will be spending a lot of time together while on the cruise." my mom says.

                "Wait….they are going with us?" Katie must have just now figured it out.

                "Yes." Katie's mom says.

                "No. Oh no. I'm not sharing an entire summer with this spoiled brat." Katie's glare turns to me.

                "I'm not entirely thrilled about it either sweetheart." I scoff.

                "Don't call me that." She looks about ready to kill me.

                "Why not sweetheart?" I mock her.

                "Stop calling me that!" She screams.

                "Katie! Stop screaming at him!"

                "Austin, stop taunting her." Our mothers jump in.

Katie huffs and crosses her arms.

                "Fine, they can go. But don't expect me to socialize with Austin." Katie says before turning and walking back upstairs.

                "She'll come around." Katie's mom reassures my mom. But to be honest I don't think she will. We hate each other and we always will right?