Chapter 8: (Seth's POV)

~

'Tis short, but thoroughly enjoyed writing this. ^_^

Love & rockets,

dc

~

Chapter 8: "The Talk"

Embry, Paul, Jared and Quil led me away from the party, and down into the fringe of the trees nearby.

I was still shaking, but I was calm.

“Sit down, kid” Embry said setting me down on a log.

Embry sat down beside me, Quil on the other side as Paul and Jared stood in front of me.

“Alright Seth, I think it’s time for you to have the talk” Paul said folding his arms across his chest.

“About what? The birds and the bees?” I said lightly.

Paul rolled his eyes. “No, about imprinting” he replied.

“Oh right” I answered dully.

“Look, we all know that you and Violet’s relationship is a little complicated, and that she has a few issues. I’m not going to say that we know how you feel, because we don’t. But you have to learn to control yourself” Paul scolded.

“Getting angry and morphing into a wolf won’t change anything, or make it better. Especially in a public place” Jared continued on from Paul, “Violet needs you bro; she needs you to be calm and to know that she has at least one thing in her life that is turning out right.”

I looked down at the ground in shame.

“Violet needs you, and you need her” Paul added.

“Yeah kid, trust me, it’s not fun having a fight with your imprintee” Quil said patting me on the back.

“You had a fight with Claire? Over what?” I asked.

He shrugged. “She wouldn’t eat her vegetables” he said.

We all laughed once, but fell silent.

“Don’t mess it up kid, at least you have someone” Embry said sadly.

I looked at him with remorse. Embry hadn’t imprinted yet.

“Don’t worry Embry, your time will come” I comforted.

He smiled a small sad smile. “Yeah, maybe.”

“You have plenty of time to look for someone. Legend said that this imprinting thing was rare, but it seems pretty common to me” Jared shrugged.

“Yeah, it’s more like a disease” Paul laughed.

“A disease with no cure” I added.

“The only disease you wouldn’t want to be healed for” Quil intervened.

“Its bittersweet ain’t it?” I said.

They all nodded in response.

“The bitter side to it seems to be poison for me” I inserted. 

I stared hard at the ground, but saw them all exchange looks to each other.