On A Mission

Once getting to the train station, we got tickets, boarded, and got drinks without saying a word to each other. I couldn't be mad, this was his normal personality, but ever since he found out that Ioved him, he hasn't said anything. 

Laxus was the obvious seven in this relationship, and being the seven, he was automatically inclined to be weary of his homosexual tenancies, because it makes a good plot for fan fictions that I may or may not write in the far corner of the guild hall. But unfortunately this isn't some cheesy fan fiction, and I would be totally okay if he just took me here and now in the small train cabin, I was oh-so-smart to pay for. 

We sat across from each other, both looking outside the large window. Stoplights turned into trees, and trees turned into fields, and the process seemed to repeat on and on. Laxus was trying hard to fall asleep against the window, though he was a second dragon slayer, the effects of transportation still hit him. 

But his efforts were in vain as the train shook at every turn. With a loud sigh, I sat down next to him and laid him down on my lap. "F-Freed. I don't need your pity." Laxus Grumbled. 

Giggling, I started to pet his hair. "I need to make sure the leader of , The Thunder God Tribe, is well rested and healthy. I'm only doing my job." I huffed. Trying my best to have the love of my life in my lap. Being a member of his team meant that I couldn't let my feelings get ahead of me, If I don't stop fan-girling about him, I could jeopardize the mission. 

Feeling me heart rate slow down, I composed myself. Breathing in and out until I was calmed.  

After about an hour, we arrived at the beautiful village of, Cherk Tanato. Well, was beautiful. Now it was a mess. It's town was in utter pieces, houses were knocked down, and the cobblestone streets were smashed. Making it virtually impossible for carriages to get through here. 

Keeping my hand firmly on my sword, I kept up with Laxus who was storming through the streets liked he owned the place. While be walked, I made sure to take note of the surroundings. That was until a small path behind one of the wrecked houses caught my eye. It looked dark and spooky. Like the type you wouldn't want to go down in horror movies. Unconsiously my feet started to move ahead of each other, closer and closer to the house. My vision started to swirl, then I couldn't see at all.

---------------

"Freed!" I yelped in surprise, and felt Laxus's strong arms on my shoulders. 

It was suddenly dark, and Laxus's hair was a mess. I was absolutely caked in mud, and my fingers were numb from the blistering cold. I looked up dazed, where were we? The only thing that stretched out around us were trees, and we were supposed to be back home before the sun set. 

"Freed, what the hell?" Laxus paced in front of me. If we weren't in such a serious situation, I would have stifled a chuckle at the amount of concern he had for me. But I had no idea what he meant, what did I do? "Do forgive me, Laxus, but what did I do?" 

He stopped pacing before turning around and taking a few loud breaths. In...Out... 

"Look, Freed. I spent the last four hours searching for you, only to find you sitting on a log in the middle of Timbuktu. I'm not sure when the hell you left, but all I remember is turning around and you were gone."  

I didn't tell him about how I couldn't remember leaving him behind in the town, nor tell him of the stinging cut on my right palm, that I was hiding with my other hand. I just kept my mouth shut and continued down the path that, Laxus, made with his large feet.

The watered-down trails of the forest kept getting back into town a lot harder than we expected, but we eventually made it back to the town, which was looking just as bad now like it a few hours ago. I should've listened to Laxus earlier and booked a hotel for tonight as well, alas we were sent looking about for a place to stay through the rubble of the town. 

Laxus and I walked in silence like always, I had to restrain myself from grabbing his hand as we strolled around. It was silly to say that he made me feel safe, but he did, he's something that I find stable in my life. "Freed?" 

I looked at him to make sure I wasn't imagining him talking, thankfully he was looking at me, so I took it as a sign that he indeed, wanted to strike up a conversation with me. "Yes, Laxus?" I asked.

He took a long drawn breath before answering back...

---------------

Heyyyyyy. It's me! I'm sorry It's taken years for me to write this, but I'm trying to improve my writing style, and I think it's slowly getting better. This took me so long to publish... T-T