Just Make-out Already

"We can't keep ignoring the elephant on our shoulders. We both know that there's been abnormal amount of tension on this mission. " Laxus huffed as he took a swig out of his flask that he packed.

My cheeks flushed and I was instantly in panic mode. This wasn't going to happen now was it? "My dear, Laxus, I wasn't sure that you were open to discussing such pressing matters during a mission. Of course, I've noticed this predicament as awkward, I wouldn't call it an elephant; merely a squirrel. Oh! Or one of those little albino mice I saw at the pet store last week while I was on my way to get my rune sword polished! Funny thing about polish, it wa-"

"Freed, you're rambling." Laxus gave a quiet laugh that I almost missed, but he was right, I was rambling. I usually do it when I get stressed.

"Let me put it straight... Well not straight." He snickered at his own joke, "I like you Freed, and that doesn't mean I just want to get in your pants. I actually want a relationship out of this, so if that's too much, i'll respect your decision. But I wanted you to hear my side before you made any choices in what you want to do next considering...us."

Laxus's cheeks were tomato red, and he sputtered out the last of his hard-to-say confession. Meanwhile, I struggling to process the words that still rang in my ears. His gruff exterior was slowly cracking in front of me, and I could finally see the real him, the Laxus that wasn't all about being the best. My Laxus.

"Laxus... I hope this doesn't come off as creepy, or a-anything..." I mumbled in embarrassment, "But I've been waiting for a long time to say this." My heart was practically beating out of my chest in anticipation.

"Laxus Dreyar. I-I like you. No. I...I think I love you. And I have for so long, I'm sorry it took me this long to say it." My palms were sweaty, and the butterflies in my stomach wouldn't stop.

Laxus looked at me with wide eyes. He stood up and walked towards me, causing goosebumps to ripple across my skin. He traced my arms with his fingertips all the way up to the side of my face. His breath hot against my ear, "Well I'm sorry it took me so long to do this."

Suddenly I felt hot lips on mine, and strong arms wrap around my waist. I proceeded to tangle my fingers in his hair, feeling his surprisingly soft blonde locks weave around my fingertips. The kiss was more than hot, it was on fire.

As he pulled away, I was finally able to catch my breath, just now realizing my need for air. But when I looked at Laxus, there was no need for air. He stole my breath away, and I needed him.

My chest was heaving, and I'm pretty sure that my heart was going a million miles a second, but ti was worth it as we held hands while making our way through the demolished town.