Chapter 2

I sighed, staring at the clock while the teacher was lecturing the class.

'Only 5 more minutes.' I thought.

I lightly tapped my pencil off my binder, loud enough to be heard by myself.

'This class feels like it's taking forever.'

I dropped my pencil and rested my head on my hand with my elbow on the desk.

'3 minutes..' I looked at the clock then back at the teacher trying to somewhat pay attention to the lecture.

'I wonder what Michael's doing..'

I zoned out thinking about how my necklace got warmer when I met him.

'I need to talk to him..'

A few hours later I walked out of the classroom and started looking for Michael.

'His class is right there he should be out here..'

I stood there waiting for his class to let out. Soon enough it did and I looked at everyone who walked out of the classroom to find him. I spotted him talking to some girl.

I walked over to them.

"Hey Michael," I said, smiling at him. "Who's this?"

"Oh.. This is Samantha." Michael said, motioning towards the tall girl.

She had blonde hair, obviously dyed. Green eyes and tan skin, she was really thin. Wearing a dress, as short as she could get away with.

"Hi Samantha, I'm Dawn." I said reaching out a hand for her to shake.

Samantha tsked and crossed her arms, looking away.

"Okay.." I muttered, "So.. Michael ready to go to lockers?"

I looked up at him as he was atleast 8 inches taller than me. I feel he could sense my discontent emotions as he nodded.

"Yeah you have to show me my classes," Michael said, laughing a bit. He turned around to Samantha and waved, "Bye Sam."

I grabbed his arm and tugged on it, as we walked through the halls and got to our lockers.

"So.. What's wrong?" Michael asked, putting his books in his locker and getting his books for the end of the day.

"What do you mean?" I asked, finishing up with my books and stood beside him at his locker waiting for him.

"There was very obviously something wrong." Michael shut his locker and we started walking.

"Okay you caught me." I laughed, then lowered my voice. "We need to talk about.. Our... Necklaces." I looked down at the white tiles on the school floor.

"Yeah. I was thinking the same thing." He said as the late bell rang.

"Oh my god. Okay so it's the first day I can probably get away with being a bit late, c'mon." I said, my voice was laced with panic.

"Oh.. Okay.." Michael sounded sad as he followed behind me.

"Are you gonna be on the bus today?" Dawn asked as they stood at the door to Michael's classroom.

"Yeah." Michael said waiting for the talk to finish before he went inside.

"Sit with me, please? We can talk about our necklaces there." I said slowly backing up, I had to rush to class.

"Yea-" Michael smiled, but didn't finish his sentence as I ran though the halls to get to class.

I knocked on the door, hoping someone would let me in.