Chapter 7: Dustin's

Blair's (P.O.V.)

Jakaari roared and we charged the two, identical fawn colored wolves with black muzzles. Their champagne colored eyes twinkled and they grinned as they split out of my way, flanking my large red wolf on either side. Jakaari snarled and we dug our claws into the rain-soaked earth, turning sharply to snap our jaws at the one on the right. He yelped but wasn't injured, quickly leaping out of harms way. It made me excited.

I felt jakaari's power peak and I turned on the other wolf suddenly, coming at him full speed. He was taken by surprise and I saw the split second of fear in his eyes. I leaned my shoulder slightly to the right like I was going to make a grab at his left shoulder. I saw his muscles tense as he made a turn in the opposite direction to escape me, but I was waiting. I jerked my head quickly in that direction, almost giving myself whiplash as I let my teeth lightly graze into the flesh of his left flank. He yelped and tried to turn and retreat in the other direction, which gave me time to sink my claws firmly into his thighs from behind and drag him back towards me. He snarled, but he was whining inbetween, his paws scrabbling at the earth to get away. I let a light bark of triumph escape my throat and he turned his head back towards me with his teeth aimed at my neck. I opened my jaws and clamped down on his dark muzzle, snapping his jaws shut as he whimpered in my grasp. I could crush his jaws if I wanted, shatter his bones, but I was waiting for something to happen.

I only held him for about five seconds, but it felt like eternity before I saw his once flattened ears perk and I knew the wait was over. In one motion I released his muzzle and shoved him away from me as I painfully drew my nails out of his thighs, that would keep him busy. Then I whirled around to face the wolf charging me from behind, identical to the other. He saw me and tried to place his claws in the earth to stop himself, but it was too late, I knew how much he'd slide given these muddy conditions.

He slid right up to me and I slammed a large paw into the side of his face, driving it down into the ground. He snarled and tried to stand, but then I bit down on his ear. He cried out and raked his claws up my shoulder. Ow. I growled and threw my shoulder into his side, crushing him to the ground. I heard the wind rush from his lungs and I slammed both my paws down on his upturned stomach, forcing any remaining oxygen out of his body. I heard the other wolf coming and reached my paw out without looking, snagging my claws into his shoulder and ripping him down next to his identical partner. They both looked up at me as I stood over them, still bearing their teeth. I stomped my paws against the ground by each of their heads and roared powerfully into their faces. Their ears flattened and their tails tucked between their legs in submission, satisfying my aggression. I stepped back and sat down as I howled my victory to the moon goddess.

We all shifted and the two brown wolves with black muzzles became the twins, looking quite battered. They had really light brown hair and dark green eyes with a smattering of faint freckles on their cheekbones.

"you were extra aggressive." The slightly thicker one, Kolton, said with a grin. "my hips will be aching for weeks," he rubbed his hand up his exposed, bruised thighs and winked suggestively. I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"but seriously Blair," chimed the smaller twin, Kyle, "you didn't have to pound us." He was pouting slightly and rubbing at his healing ear. I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest, I knew id gone too far, but there was a lot on my plate. Id made Pierce bring Dustin dinner and this morning's breakfast, but he had patrol around dinner so that would be my job to finally see him again.

"sorry," I said, running a hand through my long, tousled red hair. I didnt want to tell them everything after the response id gotten from Pierce the other night. "i just have some things going on I dont know how to handle." Lame. I knew it, but I couldnt think of anything else to say. They looked at each other with amused grins and helped themselves off the ground as they nursed their bruises.