And Then There Was Three

"Your father looked so cute when he was pregnant."

"The heck dad."

Sanji hadn't spoken to Zolo in months, refusing to give him anything other than a cool politeness. Zolo was getting desperate. He missed Sanji so much it was almost painful. He didn't understand why Sanji was so desperate to have a child. If he wanted one, they could always pick up any one of the orphans that populated the streets of pirate-pillaged villages. Why did he want to give birth so bad?

Determined to speak to him, Zolo sought out the blond. Zolo found him outside, arms cradling his swollen stomach, the sun making his hair shine like melted gold, his blue eyes turned toward the sky. Zolo's heart skipped a beat. He was so beautiful...

Sanji turned his head and, catching sight of Zolo, narrowed his eyes and turned slightly. Zolo's heart sank at the subtle gesture, like he thought he would hurt him. "Sanji..."

"No."

"You win."

Sanji blinked, all hostility blown away by confusion. Roronoa Zolo, giving up? No way. "What?"

"You heard me. You win. I won't fight you anymore, just please don't make me sleep alone for another night."

Sanji still looked like he didn't quite believe it, and when Zolo moved toward him he flinched away. "Sanji, no..." Zolo crossed the distance in two long strides and held Sanji to his chest, ignoring the cook's protests and struggles. He held on tighter and said, "Do you really think I would ever hurt you?"

Sanji stopped struggling. "No... Zolo I didn't think..." He sighed. "I know you won't intentionally hurt me... Physically speaking. But can you even imagine... Zolo, I can't live without this baby."

The swordsman gave a single nod of acceptance. "Okay... Okay." Zolo pulled away enough to look down at Sanji's tum. "Our baby, huh?" He gently pushed up Sanji's shirt and laid a hand on his stomach.

"That's when it really hit me. That you were, more than anything else, our baby. And I'd give up my life to protect you."

"Love you too, Dad."

Sanji awkwardly sat down, hindered by the bulk of his stomach. Zolo hovered around him, worried to no end. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Sanji sighed. "Yes, Zolo, I'm fi- Hurhg?!" He gasped, clutching at Zolo's hand.

"Sanji?! Sanji, what is it, what's wrong?!"

"Zolo... Hah... G-Get Chopper..."

"Wha-"

"GET CHOPPER NOW!"

"I swear, I'd never run so fast in my life."

"If I may ask, why did you give me the name Shinji?"

"Hehehe... Well, since you asked."

"Well, that was something I never thought I'd do." Chopper carefully laid the newborn in his father's arms. "It's a boy Sanji! Whatcha gunna name him?"

Before Sanji could speak, Zolo tapped his arm. "Hey Sanji. Can we name him Shinji?"

"But... Zolo, sweetie, that name means second son."

"I know."

Sanji glared at him. "Seriously?"

"Yeeeessssss! The next one's name can mean first son!"

"... The next one?"

Zolo shifted and looked down at his shoes. "I-I mean, if you want more, that is..."

Sanji laughed and reached over to take Zolo's hand. "Of course I do. And sure. We can name him Shinji."

Zolo gave a shout of pure joy and leaned forward to kiss Sanji straight on the mouth. He pulled away and kissed his little boy's forehead. "Hello, Shinji. Welcome to the world."

"You literally planned it."

"Yup."

"You literally planned it!"

"Uh huh."

"Is that really why you named my brother Ichiro?!"

"Yeah."

"AT LEAST HAVE A BIGGER REACTION THAN THAT!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You crazy Mossball!"

"You're the Mossball!"