six

"excuse me, where is room 124?" i came up to the front desk trying to catch my breath and ask for directions at the same time. the lady behind the desk pointed to around where it was and i nodded as a thanks.
running here wasn't the best option, but the only option since i don't have a car.
i rushed down the hall towards room 99.
"APPA!!!!!" i heard the screams of someone from down the hall, coinsidentally coming from room 99.
i ran towards the room and rushed in. my eyes met a tall boy with raven black hair, i could see the tears flooding out from his eyes.
"y-youngjae..."
"jaebum..."
jaebum stood up from the chair next to the hospital bed and walked towards me while looking down at the floor. he stood in front of me and i gladly took him into my arms in a big hug. he accepted the hug and continued to cry on my shoulder. i patted his head and told him everything was going to be alright, but it didn't.
we heard the heart line monitor go blank, making a high pitched beep.
my heart dropped out of my chest and onto the floor as i realized what had just happened.
two doctors rushed into the room and we feared the worst had finally happened.
jaebum began to scream in my chest as he struggled to breath.
"jaebum, im so so so so sorry." i also began to cry.
i backed up into the nearest chair and sat down. jaebum fell into my lap and i held him as tight as i could.
"y-y-you-ngjae w-w-why?!"
all i could do was cradle him in my arms and cry with him.