Chapter 19: I'm moving on

Dedicated to Abha.....

My life was moving on and my old life in Goa was now becoming a distant memory. It has been almost two years since I left Goa and New York was becoming more like home.

I'm not saying that I didn't miss Malhotras , my parents or some of my friends, but it was becoming easier to see myself and my future here...my mind would constantly wander back to the moments before I got on that plane to come here and my conversation with dad..now my fear were completely gone.

My life was hell busy coping with classes and studies. Kriti finished her Masters and waiting my masters to finish. She was busy applying for PhD.

Both Radhika and Kriti were still constantly bugging me about Armaan. He still remained single and it was the amazement for the people who knew him. Since he too completed his masters and working with one of the famous publication house in NY. What surprised many that was he still visited the campus to either drop me or to take me for lunch. It was nice to have Armaan as friend, though we appeared like couple to many, we both were just friends.

So, this wasn't a day different than usual. As I exited my class, I saw the man sitting on far bench from the door.

"Hey Beautiful....." he smirked as he spoke..

"Hey Armaan..."

"So what do you want for lunch?" he asked as he grabbed my hand to lead me across the campus.

"No Idea...." I mumbled as I pull out my phone to check what's app..

"Then we will get idea Sirji..." he said with chuckle.

"Hey Armaan....."

We both turned to see two girls approaching us. I didn't pay much attention to them. Armaan was rather famous in his department, especially with his old female classmates.

"Hey....Joe..Christina....."he mumbled as they came near

The girls were beautiful. One was tall and leggy blonde, and other was little shorter with slightly brown curly hairs. Both had perfect skin and flawless features. I didn't raise my eyes to look at them and continued with my text messages.

"You spend so much time here..why don't you get doctorate?" asked the one who I guessed was Joe

"Nope..i'm done with education..now I'm looking forward for different things..."

"So you found your girl Armaan...." Asked the blonde in her American accents

I glanced up for second, and pressed my lips try to control my laughter...That two girls were staring at me..it was normal people staring me when Armaan was around.

"No..i'm waiting for her...." he stated , not even blinking an eye.

I walked a little distance from him..as I wasn't going to listen to him talking about me when I was standing beside him.

I turned back to see that he was arguing with them. I walked back towards him a little. I went close enough that I could hear their convo..My curiosity increased

"why do you spend your time with that little girl, Armaan, when you could have a women?" asked the blonde

"it's none of your business who I spend my time with.Plus she is the ten times the better women than you are..."

"She is never gonna give her time back..." sneered Joe

Those words cut me deep in my soul. I knew why I couldn't give my time..it was my feelings for Neil that was keeping me being anything more than friend with Armaan. I was worried I could lose a friend if I keep avoiding him.