Chapter 15 : Saying good bye

Dedicated to Samaira1998

"You ready For this, Nandu?"

Nandini and I sat in her bedroom as she was groomed as Bride. We were waiting for arrival of groom. I had to ask her this question.

"I never been more ready for anything in my life, Sam" she said, her voice is full of joy and excitement. " How are you though? You seem distracted...What happened Sam?"

"I'm fine...Just little stuff around..today is your day..you don't need to worry about me...."

"Sam, if you think I am not blind to notice you have been stressing about something...I am going to bet it has to do with my soon-to-be Brother in law..."

I tried not looking at her..i wanted to avoid last part of her comment

"Sam..I know you love Neil...We all know it. It's clearly visible in your eyes...but don't let him hurt you...I know he loves you too..but if he can't able to realize it soon then he don't deserve you at first place...."

I kept silent...what should I speak on that....

" Sam...I haven't mention this to anyone..but you are hiding something from all of us.....I think you have hide it from Neil too....Sam trust me...I will help you in everything....i don't want anything to happen to you....I will do anything in my power to support you...keep this in mind...." She said holding my hand.

"Thanks Nandu...." I said...It was first time we were sharing this close talk..and I felt overwhelmed

Soon someone called us for marriage ritual....As the day proceed my two friends got tied in loving bond. I really enjoyed this summer. Neil and I were always busy spending and riding on his new bike throughout the Goa beaches. It was best summer ....

July 2012

Sid and Nandini were gone on their honeymoon. Arjun and Radhika were always together and I really don't know what happen with Neil since I never seen him anymore from Sid and Nandu's marriage.

I asked Radz but she was just as confused as I was. The fact that Neil was being secretive lately. I didn't notice before as I was busy with Nandini helping her in marriage preparation.

" Hey Bacchaaa...."

I looked up to see dad coming down from upstairs. I looked he was a bit worried

"You came early today..."

"Yeah baccha..but you are looking in deep thought...." He asked patting my shoulder

"Just thinking..i am just thinking about how to tell my friends about me going to Newyork in two days...I still can't bring myself to tell them that am leaving..."

"You know you can't keep this secrete for longer...honestly..sam I am surprised Neil hasn't figure out this yet.."

Dad was right. Neil should have known something disturbing me..but he hadn't even notice .

"I don't know dad where that idiot is busy lately...he seems got disappeared...I don't know...I have to pack the stuff for hostel and then the small bag during travel..and I...."

"And you don't want to say good bye to your Idiot, right?"

Dad cut me off from my senseless blabbering and made me realized why I had been so restless. Yeah I was restless..I hadn't seen Neil lately and he seems to be okay with it..My secret of leaving already killing me and adding guilt to my conscience.