Chapter 12 : A Night to Remember part 1

Sam's POV

Today, the day that I was supposed to go dress shopping with Radhika and Nandini. I couldn't help but to remember that day when we promised each other.

I remember sitting around the watching seniors, trying to find their dates for farewell dance party when we were freshers. They were frantically asking everyone to go with them.Even Neil got few offers to go to the party.

" They are gone crazy..." Neil muttered while taking seat in cafeteria. I was seating next to him.

"LOL..This is so funny...I'm not going to do this when we are seniors............."

"I think we can do one thing....If you want..." he said, mischief was dancing in his eyes.

" And how we gonna do that..." I was confused about what going in his mind

" If we aren't dating anyone, I would like to make you my partner...."

"Oh God......C'mon Neil...You know...Girls actually throws themselves on you...so you must be in relationship with someone by then...." Of Couse he would be dating someone by that time....

"Saminder singh...you have more belief on my look that I do....This is promise...I'm giving you... If I don't have girlfriend by then, you will be my partner....Plus , I think we would have more fun together than going with someone else...." His voice is full of something, I don't know what it was but now I know..it was a promise....

"I doubt that day will come..but alright...."

That day came, he asked me, but now situation was different. The offer was pure, innocent and full of friendship but now..i don't know how I gonna behave when he was around me...My acting skill was losing his pace day by day...it was going to be tough challenge for me...

After few months I was going to say good bye to my friend as I was going leave Goa...I had hidden this truth from him. Secret was killing me...

I was checking my mail that consisting my application letter for NYU. My parents were the only people that knew I was going to leave. I couldn't have courage to tell Neil, Radz and others.

My phone's buzzing sound brought me back from my reverie; I saw Radhika's name was flashing on the screen.

"Bolo ,Radhika (Yess, Radhika)??

"You ready? " Her voice was chirpy like always.

"For?" I really don't want to go shopping so I thought playing dumb would help.

"Don't act dumb..i know you very well...come down immediately ...." She said annoyed

"Radz....i don't really feel like going today...can we g...." I said trying last attempt to save myself from this unending shopping trip but she cut me off

"Samaira Khanna, you better get your butt up quickly and get downstairs right now.....Or I will be there within a minute...." And at the next moment line went dead.

I quickly glanced at my cloths which wasn't appropriate so I grabbed simple black tank top and a pair of capri.i quickly pulled my hair in messy bun and slipped into my pair of flip flop. As I reached to bottom step I saw Radhika entering into the house.

"Come on ..Let's go we are actually running late Sam...." She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the house.

We drove in silence I decided to break the silence.." where is Nandini....aren't we going to pick her up...."

"She is waiting for us at city mall already....Sid Bhai dropped her there...." She answered me...but she looked at me with like wanted to ask me something...