Chapter 21 : A life changed forever

Dedicated to Asshna

The holiday season......first time in three years Mom and dad visited me here in Newyork...but with happiness they came up with worry...My dad's health dropped very much...I could sense that they kept it hidden from me...to not makes me worried..

The first few days with them went pretty much filled with fun but on forth day, we had to rush to the emergency room. We noticed that he was becoming week and fragile by his cardiac problem. I was lucky enough to had co-operative boss and co-worker in restaurant that they handled my work...I insisted My mom and dad to stay with me for more time....As my mom Piyali was going frantic I made sure that she should stay happy more..

While all this is going on, Armaan got news that he promoted to editor's chair in his publishing house which gonna make him shift to other city for some time. He would be moving there but he kept used to visit me every weekends...He assured me that this distance wouldn't bothered our relationship..

And only soothing part was I started writing..my first story which was giving me solace...

One day I was busy writing on my lappy..

"bacchu...."

Looking up from my lappy, I saw dad's eyes studying me..

"what dad?" I asked

"I need to talk to you about something...since your mother isn't around here...you know how she behaving this days..."

I started to feel that he was going to talk some serious with me....i quickly saved my work and shutting down the lappy I sat facing him

I began to examine him...My dad as being cop was a strong man but I could see health issue made him look sick now...

"bacchu..i want you to promise me something...."

"anything dad..."

"if something happen to me....you will take care of your mother....promise me..."

I couldn't help but stay frozen for moment..tears started flowing from my eyes...that wasn't something I was expecting to hear from my dad..how you gonna answer something like that..

"You always going to be with us always....you don't need to take promise like that Dad..."

"Sam, there isn't any point of us acting like everything is okay....you and I know that I m not well...on other hand your mother doesn't want to accept the fact....so I wanted to talk to you beta...I know you are my strong baccha....your mom is going to be alone and lost...you are the person who will get her out of that...she won't be able to do things if I gone..pls do this for me Sam..."

"Dad......" I hugged him tight and sobbed heavily...

Then we talked about everything..i listened to him talking..he was like pillar to me..like an invisible shield..always protected me..he told me about imp document at the house in goa...he knew mom wouldn't able to find them and I could do that when we need those documents..My dad was very interesting person, he had always positive about the things...

"bacchu, will you do me a favor?"

"Anything Dad...you just need to order me...."

"Make a peace with Neil..he really does miss you..."

I wasn't expecting that from him...The topic of Neil, was that we never discussed..Dad always disapproved our friendship as Neil was boy and I was a girl..and more ever being a cop he knew about Neil's streaming affairs..