Chapter 1

A car pulls into the driveway of a beautiful home on a country road. The next house is probably about a mile and a half on either side. The house is lit up in a few rooms. They're laughing as the exit the car and they unlock the door and go inside. They're instantly met by smoke and the smoke alarm beeping in the background.
"Oh my," the woman cries out, running towards the kitchen. She instantly sees the cause of the smoke. A Jiffy Pop container left on the stove unattended burns brightly. She grabs the handle with a towel and throws it in the sink, turning the water on as she cries out for her daughter who was supposed to be home, "Casey!"
The patio door is broken, and one of the patio chairs lay in the midst of the living room. The father now yells, "Casey?"
The two begin searching the house frantically. They meet up at the bottom of the stairs, "Where is she?" The mother cries out hysterically.
"Call the police," he instructs her.
She picks up the phone and notices there is no dial tone; rather there is the noise of someone breathing. She can hear someone breathing and gurgling. Speaking softly. Then there is a loud shout and the phone is hung up. The dial tone rings loudly in her ear. She cries out, "I heard her!"
Her husband pushes her towards the door, "Get in the car and go to the MacKenzie's. Call the police from there."
"But I heard her!" she protests. As she turns in the door frame, she drops the phone. There, no more than fifteen feet away from her, is her daughter. The same daughter that she could remember giving birth to like it was yesterday. The same daughter that no less than an hour ago had asked if she could have her boyfriend over to watch a movie. She had talked to her no more than an hour ago...and there she was.
Hanging from a tree, swinging back and forth as if she had just been placed there, and her insides falling out of her, was Casey Becker. The most popular and frankly stuck up girl at Woodsboro High was dead.
Her mother fell to her knees and clutched her chest where her heart was as she let out the loudest scream imaginable.

"Ahhhhh" i screamed as i hugged my coworker tightly. There had been practically no one in the store all day so Randy Meeks had been playing his favorite horror movies, at almost full volume, all night.
I was just as much a horror movie fan as randy but i had a tendency to get scared more than him. I screamed again and buried my head in his shoulder.

My name is Sophia Elizabeth I am seventeen years old. I had a soft face with thin lips and a reasonably small nose. I also have impeccably straight and white teeth due to braces in middle school and constant dentist visits for cleaning. I am the same height as Randy and my body is reasonably thin and has a good amount of curves i also have a lot more in the chest area than most of the girls in my school not counting the ones who's had fakes. My eyes were a gorgeous pale blue colour. I was somewhat tanned and had stunningly curled brown hair.
I am somewhat popular, but i am no Casey Becker. It's like at Woodsboro High there is the A Group, which is Casey and her friends. And then there is the B Group. The B Group is rather large, and it also had Tatum Riley and Sidney Prescott in it. That is where i am.

I lifted my face up from his shoulder and smiled at him blushing a little bit.
I thought about where he was in the social groups and I concluded that Randy Meeks was probably at the bottom of the C Group or the top of the D Group. I never really cared about that although my stepdad would often lecture me about hanging out with him.

My stepdad and I are upper class we live quite nicely in a big house with everything we needed but we are no where near being billionaires or even millionaires.

It hadn't always been this way though when I was in elementary school and my dad was with my mum we were living in a small house barley scraping by mostly because my dad spent most of our money of alcohol. I met Randy around that time he lived a block away and his family were financial trouble like my family.

It wasn't until my last year of middle school that everything changed. My farther got arrested and my parents got divorced. My mum had to go threw legal stuff which is where she met my stepfather who is a big shot lawyer, they ended up falling in love and getting married. But then almost a year ago my mum and Sidney's mum were found butchered and Sidney's mum was raped the police said mum had tried to intervene and save mrs Prescott and paid the price. My stepfather is real protective of me especially after mums death, he won't let me hang out with anyone in a different social status as us and the includes Randy but luckily I still get to see him at work and school. Sometimes i stay at his house and I just tell my step farther that I'm staying at Sydney's or Tatum's.