Chapter 3: Our Team

'They're being too much...'

    "Hey! That is enough!" Mikaela and I shout at the same time. Even though we weren't raised together, we have a lot in common. It may be because our fathers are brothers, but I'd like to call it fate.

    "You all shouldn't be begging to be chosen." Mika says frowning.

    "Don't you all understand that Yamato Island is in danger?" I ask.

    "O-Of course... we do." Kaito answers hesitantly.

    "Really? You almost made us think you love arguing more than our island." I say putting my fists on my hips.

    "Little Edith, but we-"

    "Rindoh, please. We're on a mission that will decide the fate of the land we live in." Mika interrupts him. "It's just our lives we're responsible for but the lives of everyone who shares this island as their home."

    "And yet all you seem to care about is who gets to come along. Is that really all you can think about at a time like this?" I add in a disappointed tone.

    "H-Hey, there's no need to get so upset." Yayoi says.

    "Yes, please don't put that scary look on your face." Kikyo smiles trying to cheer us up.

    "That expression will ruin your pretty faces!" Ran says with a wide smile. I flash a glare at him for embarrassing me and it sends him running behind Kiku.

    "Are you aware of the fact you are all defendants of the legendary ninja who have contributed so much for Yamato Island's prosperity? The behavior you are all exhibiting is shameful." Mika scolds.

    "Oh no... Here come the preachers of Yamato Island." Roya frowns.

    "We weren't supposed to make them angry, I totally forgot about that..." Kiku let's his head hang.

    "We can hear you." All eight of them flinch when we bark at them.

    "I-I your beauty's what's making you two look more, uh... appealing." Rindoh says nervously, trying to flatter us.

    "Even enraged, beauty is a quality you both share as well as inner strength. But I prefer to call it stubbornness," Yayoi states with a blank expression.

    "Consider your strong sprits and unity your virtues." Kikyo smiles again, trying to brighten our spirits.

    "No matter what kind of faces they make, those cousins are always pretty..." Ayu smiles softly.

    "I agree!" Ran jumps in smiling. 'I guess yelling at them made them all agreeable all of a sudden? I guess we have to decide now huh..?'

    "Yamato Island is in our hands, huh?" Kaito asks reining himself in.

    "Well it'll be easy for us." Ran declares.

    "What we must do first and foremost is out the cause of this, isn't it?" Kikyo announces.

    "Right. We would find ways to get around the pollution of the symbols once we it's cause." Ayu agrees.

    "Ayakashis... I wonder what they're like." Yayoi wonders aloud. 'He's right, we've never fought any before.'

    "Take it easy. No need to complicate things." Rindoh laughs.

    "Now's our chance to prove we are the best fighters!" Roya flashes a big grin.

    "Guys, whatever the cause is, our first priority is to protect Mika and Edith." Kiku says. I smile, glad that everyone is finally on track with the purpose of this mission.