The Cabin

*last period bell rings*

Philip rushed out the front doors of the school. He was starting to walk home. Once he was off school property and away from the other students Lukas came running up behind him. 

"hey Philip wait up" he said as he finally caught up to him

"Hi Lukas," Philip said practically holding his breath "what's up" 

"I was wondering if you wanted to come watch me practice my new jump tricks over by the quarry" Lukas asked 

"your jump tricked" Philip asked in a confused voice 

"Yeah, I compete in motocross races and this morning I noticed your jacket had some motocross patches on them" 

Philip stopped for a moment and just looked at his jacket. He then looked up at Lukas and said "let's go!" in an enthusiastic tone 

Philip and Lukas started to walk alone together. When they reached the back of the school Lukas pointed out his bike to Philip. "that's a sick bike" Philip said 

"I know right! It's a 250 stroke bike, it's way better than the 225 stroke bike that I use to have" 

Lukas' bike had a red topper along the seat that trailed both behind and in front of the bike. The starter and parts of the handle bars had bits of a gold color on them. The bottom of the bike that surrounded the tires were black and white, with jet black brand new tires fully pumped with air. 

Lukas handed Philip his extra helmet. 

"You want me to get on the back of this thing with you" 

"Yeah dude, it'll be fine. You won't fall off or anything" Lukas said lightening the mood 

Philip put on the helmet that was black and gray. He then placed the motocross goggles on over his eyes so that the dirt wouldn't irritate his eyes as they were riding. Lukas then placed his foot down on the starter and continued to push down until the engine of the bike started. 

They started riding down towards the quarry until they reached a lake with a huge amount of dirt hills. Philip got off the bike and took out his phone. He went on the bottom of the hills and started recording. He followed as Lukas would go up the hills into the air and do trick after trick, with sharp shoot turns on his bike. 

*2 hours later*  

It was beginning to get dark out so Lukas and Philip started to ride back towards Tivoli, but instead of riding all that way they just decided to go to Lukas' dad's cabin which was close by and right on the lake. 

"Would your dad care that we are here?" Philip asked when they went inside 

"I doubt it, I mean he barely ever comes out here unless he needs something" Lukas said as he and Philip sat down together on an old wooden bed. "Can I see the videos you took?" he asked 

Philip began to show Lukas the video and he was really impressed at how good Philip was at taking both pictures and videos. 

"Dude this video is amazing" Lukas said "Would it be okay if I put it on my channel for my sponsors to see?" he asked 

"your being sponsored?" Philip asked 

"kind of,  I mean there's a couple of guys that want me to ride for them in the circuit but no offers have been set in stone, mainly they just watch me ride to see if I'm any good for them to even put their money on" 

"Well if it means anything I think your an amazing rider" 

"Thanks" Lukas said with a small voice crack as he looked deep into Philips eyes. "your amazing too" 

He caught himself in the words he was saying and he quickly without hesitation tried to fix them and said "I mean your video is amazing" he said choking up on his words

As they were looking into each others eyes, Philip began leaning closer to Lukas. Then immediately Lukas started to lean in also. Both of them had their eyes closed and after a split seconds just before their lips were about to touch Lukas pulled back and jerked his head backwards. 

He didn't say a word he just leaned his head down into his knees. Lukas also had his hands placed over his face and he ran them back into the strands of his dirty blonde hair. 

"We should probably get back to Tivoli before someone notices we're gone" 

"Yeah Helen and Gabe are probably gonna ask me where I've been" 

"Don't tell them that you were with me in my dad's cabin" Lukas said hoping Philip would go alone with the plan. "my dad said I'm not allowed to ride over here anymore" Lukas said as if he was thinking on his feet. 

When the two of them went outside into the darkness Philip grabbed the extra helmet and began to put it on.  As he was attempting to fix his goggles Lukas went over to Philip to help him adjust them. Lukas put them straight around the helmet but before Philip could put the helmet on Lukas rushed into him and quickly pecked his lips. 

Lukas didn't make any notice towards what he had done. He made absolutely no acknowledgement towards it and he started pushing on the starter so that they could leave the cabin as quickly as possible. 

When they finally reached Philip's foster home Lukas stopped his bike far away from the door of the house.  He stayed out of sight and dropped Philip off by the road.  Neither of them said any goodbye's to one another.  As Philip was walking away Lukas could do nothing but rest his head down on the handle bars of his bike.  Philip looked behind him quickly and saw that Lukas was beaten up about something.  Initially Philip figured that it was just about what happened before they left the cabin. 

For the entire rest of the night both Lukas and Philip sat in their beds thinking about the cabin.