Scared of who?

*the next day- at school*

Philip walked into Science class and sat alone in his corner area like always. For the first time the whole semester their teacher was late to class, and so was Lukas.

Lukas ran into class being the late student inside and shouted "Sorry I'm late!"

He then noticed that the teacher wasn't even here yet. He looked around the classroom and realized every seat was already taken. He went to the back and saw Philip sitting with no one and he went to sit down. "Where's Mr. Hansen at?" Lukas asked

"No idea, that guy has never missed a single class a day in his life" Philip said

"If we have a sub then I'm out of here. You want to come with?" Lukas said inviting Philip to ditch class

"If I wanna stay in Tivoli I can't keep ditching class"

"Sorry Philip" Lukas said getting up and walking towards the door

As he was in the doorway suddenly someone bumped into him and made his way into the classroom. He held Lukas by the shoulder and said "Leaving so soon"

Lukas didn't bother to look up at the substitute teacher so instead he just walked back over to his seat once the guy let go of his shoulder. Lukas sat back down next to Philip and then just slumped his body across the entire seat being bored once again.

"Now your real teacher called in sick today so I'm going to be filling in for him" the man said as no one in class was paying attention to him

Philip was on his phone trying to get Kyleigh to answer him, but she was ignoring all of his texts and phone calls since last night. He looked up as the substitute was talking and his eyes shot open as wide as they would open. He somehow lost his balance on the chair and he fell off of it landing on the ground crashing into the desk.

Lukas has his headphones in and when Philip got up from embarrassing himself he started to rapidly tap Lukas on his arm.

He took the headphone out of his left ear and said "Philip what's your deal?"

"I need you to look to your right but do not move your head or make it obvious"

Lukas maneuvered his eyes to look out the right side of his face. As soon as he looked over he began to pant to himself in his desk. He was starting to release a terror sweat of the top of his forehead. The two of them looked at one another and immediately looked down at the floor and refused to pick their heads up.

For the next forty minutes of silence Lukas and Philip only communicated through their phones. They effortlessly texted one another about the horrifying night at the cabin. The fact that they both think that the person they saw that night was standing in front of them made them petrified.

~bell rings~

As soon as Lukas and Philip heard the bell to end class the two of them sprinted out of the classroom as if it was on fire. Lukas went towards his locker and he slammed his fist into it. Philip went the opposite direction but when he heard the familiar sound of Lukas punching and he froze in the middle of the hallway.

Philip went to the bathroom and as he past Lukas' locker again he saw Rose standing their comforting Lukas after he punched the locker. She was holding his hand attempting to look at his knuckles that were red and somewhat bloody.

He paced around the bathroom throwing his hands around and holding them restlessly around the back side of his neck. The bathroom door began to swing open and as he heard the sound of the door Philip jumped out of his skin and had a face so white it looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"Philip" Lukas said as he was the one who came into the bathroom. "Are you okay?"

Lukas went to the door and locked it from the inside making Lukas and Philip the only people in the bathroom.

"Not okay" Philip said

"You just have to take a few deep breaths and you'll be okay" Lukas tried to put his arms around Philip but he was too jumpy

"That guy...." he said panting "the one pretending to be our teacher. He might've killed Tommy and Tracy"

"I know, but there's nothing we can do to change that so we have to stay unseen for the rest of the day"

"Lukas.....I don't think we're safe" Philip said

"What are you saying?" he asked

"I think we should make up something and point Helen in the right direction of catching this guy"

Lukas held his breath for a second and then let out a large sigh and said "Okay"

The two of them hid in the locked bathroom until lunch ended. For the next forty minutes it mainly resulted in awkward silence.

"Did Kyleigh fix your reputation?" Philip asked

"Yeah she did actually! Everyone is talking about me and the mystery girl they forgot all about the you and Rose stuff"

"Great" Philip said notably

"Whats the matter?" Lukas asked lifting his body off of the sink back to his feet

"Before Kyleigh left she was acting weird and after awhile of her changing the subject she finally told me the truth"

"The truth about what?" Lukas asked

"She told me she's in love with me" Philip said

Lukas' face immediately dropped down to absolute nothing. Philip was staring at a wall and Lukas had a face of fear on. Neither of them knew what to do or think about the situation.

"Before you moved to Tivoli.....did you like her?"

"I never thought about it. She was always my best friend it just never came up in conversation"

"What'd you say to her?" 

"Before I could say anything she ran onto the bus and now she hasn't answered any of my texts. I don't know what to do about it" 

"Would you ever date her?" Lukas asked 

"I can't...." Philip said as he walked over to Lukas. He put his arm around him and said "I already like someone else" 

Lukas bent his head over and kissed Philip. Philip closed his eyes as he kissed Lukas. 

As they were kissing the loud bell ending their lunch period went off. They began to hear the hallways fill up with people. Lukas went over to the door and unlocked it. He quickly dipped out of the bathroom and started walking towards his group of friends. Philip came out a little while after him and he kindly just smiled as he walked to class.