Chapter Five

I'm thrown into a white room with boxes and wires everywhere.
"Woah," I say, shaking, "when can I leave?" I smile at one of the guards-- a scared smile.
The guard says nothing. He walks closer to me and kicks the back of knees.
"What the hell, dude!" I yell at him, falling to my knees, "I thought we were friends!"
I am kneed in the back and I fall on my face. My plan of befriending my kidnappers backfired.
They pull me up onto a chair and start hooking wires to me.
"Personal space?" I ask, sarcastically. Again, no response.
"What are these for!" I yell as I start to yank them off of my body.
"Don't pull them off." I hear the footsteps of a woman behind me. "You don't want to get shot, do you?"
I shake my head.
"I'm Karina Nobel," she states, smiling at me.
Why is she smiling at me, I think to myself. I give her a confused look.
Her smile widens as she continues to talk. "You escaped your cell, I presume," she trails her hand down the side of the chair. "And we want to know how you did it. These wires will track your brain movement and tell us if you are lying or not."
"And if I lie?"
"Let's not find out, sweetheart," she says as she types away on a computer. "Okay. First question. How old are you?"
"Seventeen," I state.
"She told the truth," a guard says behind me, holding the lie detector.
"Great job. Next question. What is your full name?"
I sigh. "Beatrix Cora Hamilton."
"Truth."
"Good. Next question. How did you break out of your cell?" She starts walking towards me and places her faces two inches from mine. She grins.
"I don't really feel like answering that question," I say, leaning back in my chair. "This chair is comfy!"
"Don't change the topic, honey. How. Did. You. Do. It."
I don't respond.
"Fine. Playing the hard way, huh?" She turns her back from me and starts to open a drawer.
She's about to kill me, isn't she? I'm going to die. My face turns red and I quickly slide my gun out from my jacket pocket.
"BOOM!" Karina falls to the floor. I quickly stand up and start to shoot the five guards.
"BOOM BOOM BOOM."
The last guard alive grabs my arms and twists them to my back.
"Damn," I say, "you sure got me!"
Two seconds later I kick my foot back and hit him in the nuts. He falls to the floor but grabs my foot.
"Ah!" I screach as he pulls me to the floor.
Where's my gun.
I pan the room as quick as I can and spot it.
"What do you like more," I ask the guard, still holding on to my leg, "Panera or Noodles and co?"
He looks at me, taken aback.
I kick into his stomach and he let's go of my leg. "Not the smartest of guards, are you?" I laugh. I grab my gun.
"Maybe you shoulda tied me up," I smirk at the guard.
"BOOM!"
"Sorry, dude," I say as I step over him and head to the doors. My head fills with sadness, but I shake it off quickly. They would have gladly killed me, I think to myself. I remove myself from my thoughts.
"Okay Ellis. What did your hand gestures mean."
He waved his left hand twice, and his right hand once.
I peer outside of the doors and see two hallways on either side of me.
"Ahhh, Ellis. Smart Ellis." I smile as I start to run to the left.
I take another left.
Then a right.
"Ellis?" I whisper. I hear yelling.
"GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!"
Ellis.
I turn the corner and see two guards wrestling him. I take out my gun and start to shoot.
"BOOM BOOM!" I sigh a sigh of relief as I see both the guards lying dead on the floor. I just saved Ellis.
"Beatrix?" He turns his head to me, "Beatrix!" He runs towards me and gives me a big hug.
"How in the hell?" He holds my shoulders and smiles at me.
"I still had my gun," I say to him, smiling back.
"Let's get out of here."
"Wait," I stop. "I need my knives."
I search around and spot my knives around the waist of a guard.
"Thank you, sir!" I exclaim as I walk away. I see Ellis come back over to me with a new gun and a whole lot of bullets.
"Now let's get out of here."