iv. to all the creatures I've never met before

04 | to all the creatures I've never met before

THE THREE WIZARDS soon left MACUSA. Tina was determined to find the case with the creatures to prove she was worthy of being an Auror again, and the other two simply had no choice in the matter. Dorothy knew that Tina didn't want to send her best friend to prison, she just wanted to protect people and have her dream job. And in a way, Dorothy didn't blame her.

Newt, too, wanted to find his case. His creatures, his poor creatures were with a stranger and in a strange territory that they didn't know. But he also felt bad for Dorothy, who was being dragged along like a rag doll because of him, so he kept close to the strawberry blonde, who just walked the streets with her lip in between her teeth as she looked around.

They passed an old bookstore, and Newt saw as Dorothy sucked in a breath and bowed her head down, a painted look of sadness on her face. He looked up to see the name, Les Livres de Belle, and then saw Tina looking back at Dorothy in regret for a second.

He had heard of the bookshop before, gone into it even, and seen how young witches and wizards' faces light up when they saw the elegant place. It was located in Hogsmeade, where he used to go during school when there were Saturday trips.

Sadly, he didn't know the connection Dorothy had with the shop, and felt that it would be quite rude to ask, so he kept walking, leaving Dorothy to wallow in her own sadness. They turned another corner or two before they saw a messed up building.

"I can't believe you didn't Obliviate that man! If there's an inquiry, I'm finished!" Tina said, on the verge of tears, "Especially you, Dorothy, I thought you know better."

Dorothy sighed, lowering her head again and Newt brought himself to squeeze her arm for a second before letting go. Everything became worth it when he saw the strawberry blonde sending him a small smile of gratitude in return.

"So why would you be finished?" Newt returned his attention to Tina, "I'm the one that's -"

"I'm not supposed to go near the Second Salemers!" Tina exploded, but it wasn't very loud, just loud enough that Dorothy took a step back, landing in Newt's grasp.

Dorothy blushed when she realized what happened, moving away in embarrassment, which he found the tiniest bit cute.

Just then, something flew over their head, and Newt spun, a little horrified of what he saw, something that Tina didn't miss.

"What was that?"

Tina's eyes narrowed at Newt, who sputtered out, "Er - moth, I think. Big moth."

Tina continued to stare him for a second more before spinning around to see all of the commotion of the police. Dorothy, on the other hand, raised an eyebrow at him, which he responded with putting a finger to his mouth as if saying to please be quiet. She nodded in return, giving him a look of 'tell me later', which he nodded at.

Then, the three of them moved to the outskirts of the crowd, who had gathered by the crumbling building that apparently held the no-maj that they were looking for.

"Hey...Hey - quiet down - I'm trying to get a statement..." a policeman addressed the crowd, but it did nothing to stop their conversations.

"...I'm telling you it's a gas explosion again, I ain't taking the kids back up there until it's safe," a woman told the policeman, and Dorothy continued to look around, trying to find out what exactly happened.