xiii. epilogue; once upon a travel to london

13 | epilogue; once upon a travel to london

Dorothy James had never left New York before. She didn't particularly like traveling - no, she hated traveling, and she never had a good enough reason to leave. Yet, here she was, in the streets of London with only her case as she looked tried to get a taxi to bring her to The Three Broomsticks, the bar in which Newt told her to go to.

He didn't know that she was there, a surprise seeing as the last time they saw each other was two months ago when he visited her for a day to give her a copy of his book; Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

It was only a day and no one knew that he had come to New York. They stayed inside Dorothy's apartment and she had cooked dinner. They spent half the day sitting in the kitchen and the other half inside of Newt's case. It was magical, being able to see the creatures she had only met once but had fallen in love with immediately.

And then, she was there, staring at The Three Broomsticks as she sighed, knowing that she could turn back. She could turn back and go home, waste her money on nothing, and regret everything for the rest of her life as she married someone she didn't love. But she could go inside, ask where Newt was, find him, and have a nice visit with him.

No, she had to go inside. She had to find him, she had to speak with him again, and she had to keep him. Dorothy wouldn't let herself not love him, even if they were an ocean apart. No, she liked him too much to let him go over that.

Finally, she walked inside the bar, all eyes on her as she walked to the bartender with a smile.

"Hi, do you know where I will find Newt Scamander?" she asked with a smile, noticing how the bartender smiled.

"Why do you need to know where he is?" his voice was gruff and unwelcoming, but Dorothy didn't let herself falter.

"I'm Dorothy James. Just came to visit him," she politely smiled, and immediately the bartender relaxed. He motioned to the brick wall, and someone went up to help her before the brick wall opened and in walked the man that Dorothy went to find.

He immediately stopped when he saw Dorothy, nervously smiling as she said to him, "Hi."

THE END.