/:/ 1 /:/

I rolled over. My rocky bed coated my toffee brown fur in a layer of dusty sand. I yawned and stared at the cave roof. The outlands were cold and unforgiving . I had no idea why I was there in the first place. I slowly heaved myself to my feet and yawned. Shaking slightly, I peered outside. I lived in a cave, half way up a stone hill. It was kinda uncomfortable, but it was okay. As I stepped outside, rain began to trickle down my nose. I rolled my eyes and scanned the ground below. Empty...as always. I liked my paw and groomed myself, wondering what boring events today would bring. A clash of thunder sent me a few feet into the air. I hissed, thinking an enemy was near. Turning my head to the side, I spotted a rare sight. A brilliant sight. A gazelle. A young one too. It must have strayed too far from the herd and found itself lost. I scurried down the hill. The gazelle was not too far from my home. I had lived there for so long, I could navigate the entire outlands.

It's terrified sniffs told me how close I was. I hadn't eaten in many days. I needed this gazelle. Suddenly, I lost my footing. I slid across the muddy surface round the corner. I could see the gazelle. But also 3 hyenas approaching it slowly. Janja, Cheezi and Chungu.

"Let's get him, boys," Janja laughed, elbowing his gang.

I was eager to see the result of this situation. If Janja was to catch the gazelle,I could quite easily swipe it from his grasp.

"Hehe! No lion guard around at a-l-l-l-l!" Cheezi licked his lips.

"Are ya sure about that, buddy?" A honey badger smiled. We all turned to see a group of animals watching us. The lion guard,