/:/ 2 /:/

"Zuka Zama!" All except the lion cub dashed down the hill to save what was going to be my first meal in a long time. Kion, I think his name was. He stared at me. He stared at me as if he was in a trance. Kion shook his head and turned back to the guard.

"Janja! Stay away from the gazelle!" I watched in amazement as he leapt onto Janja.

"Oh, and why should we?" Janja kicked kion off of him. He rolled to his feet and laughed with Cheezi and Chungu as they cornered the guard.

"Lion guard! Behind me!" Almost instantly, the guard stood in a line behind kion, as if they knew exactly what was about to happen.

Still on the ground, I showed my claws. Withing a few moments,  kion let out an ear splitting roar. It pushed me like a windstorm. I dug my claws into the mud, trying to stay on the ground, as my back legs were in the air. Janja's gang flew by, back into the depths of the outlands. The ground beneath my paws began to slip away. I smashed into a rock as if I had been thrown. I hissed as I felt a new wound bleed.

"Kion..." Ono perched on top of Beshte, "A lion!" He pointed in my direction with his wing.

"I thought I saw a lion when we arrived..."

I felt the earth shudder as the guard came galloping towards me.