The motive

I sit with Antwan every night to make sure he's safe. He talks to me sometimes, but only when I tell him it's ok. I don't want my sister to find out I'm still here. Or that I talk to Antwan. That would be bad.

"Lexi, I never asked, how come your sister wanted you dead? What did you do to her?"

Antwan asked out of the blue one night.

"I did nothing. I guess she just did not want a twin, so what better way to get rid of her?"

I answered, I guess I never really thought about that... Why did she do that? My mind pondered on this for a while. Why?

I watched as he fell asleep then turned to my sisters part of the room, I knew she kept a journal of everything, she must have her motive in there. I flipped though the pages restlessly, wondering why she would want to kill her own sister. I know she was never sane... But what drove her to kill? I flipped back to the beginning of the book. The first thing she wrote startled me.

єитєу σиє:

ιм gσииα кιℓℓ му ѕιѕтєя. иσ яєαℓℓу, ι αм. ι нανє нєя мυя∂єя αℓℓ ρℓαииє∂ συт. ιм gσииα кιℓℓ 20 ρєσρℓє αи∂ вℓαмє ιт σи нєя. тнαт ωαу ѕнє ¢αит тαкє му fяιєи∂ѕ αи∂ яυιи му ℓιfє.

єитяєу 2:

ι ∂ι∂ ιт. ι кιℓℓє∂ 20 ρєσρℓє. иσω тнє тяιαℓѕ ωιℓℓ єи∂ ѕσσи αи∂ му ѕιѕтєя ωιℓℓ яσт ιи ʝαιℓ. σя вєттєя уєт, вє єχι¢υтє∂ fσя нєя ¢яιмєѕ. ιм ѕσ ρяσυ∂...

I stopped reading. What the hell?! Why would I ruin her life? She was ruining mine? So because I look like her she wants to kill me. What a bitch! Sorry, I don't like to swear but come on!

I placed the book back where it was and closed the drawer just as Lily came in. She headed right to bed and was snoring in seconds. I breathed a sigh of relief and went back to sitting on Antwan's bed.