Gerudo Forest Chapter 15

The fire didn't drain her like it had before. She felt like she had a huge reserve of energy. It was Koume who found her first and she seemed startled to see Melissa surrounded with fire but when she realized it wasn't burning her Koume relaxed. 

"Impressive." She commented. "And to think you were embarrassed to practice with us this morning."  

It didn't take long for Kotake and Ganon to catch up with Koume. Kotake had the same look on her face that Koume had, but Ganon knew she could do this already.  

"First you ruin them, and then you burn them?" He said angrily.  

"I didn't burn them." Melissa responded defensively. "Something happened and I had no choice. Do you think I would do this intentionally?" She asked.  

"Well then what happened?" he asked impatiently.  

"Well if you're going to be that way I don't think I'm going to tell you." Melissa said coldly as the fire danced around her. "Why does no one care what I think?" She finally asked breaking the silence. "I mean first the ghost tells me I have to give up everything I have ever known, then you, and then this weird statue that claimed to be some great spirit of this temple..." She stopped not knowing how to explain what had happened.  

"You talked to her?" He said sounding increasingly interested. "What did she say?" 

"Well you know how we have been having problems with my magic?" She asked.  

"I do." He said urging her on.  

"Well she said I had some sort of binding on me. She took it off and I had a... weird reaction." Melissa finally said not wanting to tell him about being a dragon. 

She felt like she was some kind of monster. "She didn't even give me a choice. None of you are." She said with a sob. "I have never, not been the master of my destiny. She told me something evil is coming and that we need to be prepared to fight it. I don't want to fight anyone. And you..." She said pointing at him." You forced yourself on me yesterday. You said the stories of you yesterday were a lie, but everything I have seen you do just proves them. You care of no one but yourself. All you want is the power to dominate. I will not help you accomplish it. I am not some tool to be used."  

She just let all the pent up frustration and anger out. She didn't mean to completely take it out on him but she felt after the night before he deserved to be set straight. His face was blank. She couldn't tell if he was angry at her or not. He unsnapped the clasps to his cape taking it off.  

"Here" he said holding it out to her.  

Was he trying to be nice? It made Melissa wonder what he was thinking. Koume and Kotake looked pleased with the way he was acting. All her rage felt spent leaving her emotionally drained.  

"I can't with you looking." She said embarrassed.  

He put the cape on the floor and turned away. Did she trust him not to turn around? She dropped the flames and wrapped the cape around her as fast as she could.  

"Wait a second." Kotake said looking at her back. "Where did this come from?" she asked. 

Melissa could feel her tracing two lines close to her shoulder blades.  

"Was that there before?" asked Koume.  

"I don't know what you're talking about." Melissa said trying to look over her shoulder.  

Ganon had turned around now. He turned her to look at her back.  

"They are just scars." He said unsure of why it had interested the two witches.