Chapter 40

Melissa woke in a big comfy bed and sitting up she stretched looking around. The bed had a rich red canopy that went from a solid fabric down to a sheer letting her peek out. It looked as if the gerudo had moved all of Ganon's things to this room. 

Just like Ganon's room at the Spirit Temple, minus the mess, half the walls were covered in books. Tapestries and ornamental weapons also decorated the walls. The floor was covered in thick persian like rugs and his reading table stood in the back near a large window which had drapes to match the canopy. 

If some of this stuff had been in his room before she hadn't noticed it. She looked for Ganon but he was no where to be seen. She was alone. How had she gotten here? She remembered falling asleep on the roof but what had happened after that?  

Then she remembered the strange man from the night before. She tried to think of where she had seen him before and then it clicked. She knew exactly who it had been but why had he looked so funny? Had her head just been playing tricks on her? Had Koume and Kotake run into problems trying to change him back? Where was he now? She heard a knock on the door.  

"Are you up my dear?" She heard Koume call from the other side drawing her attention to the huge doors across from her bed. 

The Gerudo symbol embossed the door's center in gold. This room was too much. Why had he taken her here? Melissa got up and walked to the door as Koume knocked again.  

"I'm up. I'm up." Melissa said combing her fingers through her hair before twisting the handle letting the door swing open.  

Koume followed by Kotake flew in and proceeded to sit at the table. Melissa just kept looking down the hall looking for Ganondorf.  

"Well what are you staring at? Close the doors and come sit down silly girl." Kotake ordered.  

Melissa's heart sank when she realized he wasn't coming. She closed the doors back quietly trying not to show how much his absence bothered her. 

"Where is he?" Melissa asked trying to hold her composure together coming to sit next to them.  

The two witches looked at each other for a moment before responding.  

" At least tell me what happened. Is he okay? I mean I thought I saw him last night but I was so tired I'm just not sure." Melissa asked impatiently. 

"He is okay. We removed the hex stone but the spell still lingers." Koume started.  

"Well he could at least have came and let me know that in person." Melissa said a little upset he let someone else deliver this news to her. 

"He would have but the spell is hindering his change back. He got almost back to normal last night before Chara barged in saying she couldn't find you." Kotake said eying her. "He went after you right away of course halting all the progress we had made. He doesn't want you to see him like he is now so he ordered us to come in his stead."  

This answered why he had looked so strange the night before. 

"I don't understand. If he made it halfway last night couldn't he just start again?" Melissa asked not seeing why he hadn't just tried to finish the change.  

"We are out of some of the ingredients it takes to help loosen the spell. Once he stopped that was it. He will have to wait for the curse to go away on it's own now." Kotake said looking upset at Melissa. 

She knew then it was her fault that he was stuck and felt guilty for having wanted a little time alone.  

"How long do you think it might take?" She asked wondering how long Ganon was planing on avoiding her.