Chapter 14

Heeey! Happy New Year! May nag-babasa pa ba nito? Edit ko lang then try kong tapusin.

**

"Who's the father of that child, Addie?" Sym repeated, his face has gotten more serious.

Jane looked at Sym, his eyes weren't filled with charming glee as they had always been before, his dark orbs were brimmed with depth and melancholy that threatened to suck her in. She also looked over at Addyson, tears coming out of the corner of her eyes as she looked back down. Even the child was already crying.

"Jane, please get the child," he commanded her. His eyes were still fixed on Addyson's pale facial features.

Addie lifted her head to meet Sym's gaze, a look of vulnerability and fear crossed her face.

"Please, don't do this to me, Symphony," Addyson pleaded, not caring about just how shaky her voice was. Her tears began to cascade down her cheeks.

Jane noticed that Sym's face turned gentle but still tinged with sadness. He smiled hoping to lighten the mood a little.

"Don't worry, babe. I'm not gonna get her away from you. Let's go inside and talk."

Jane approached Addie and asked if she could get Lyra for a while. Addie nodded weakly and let her carry the baby. Hinele muna niya ang bata dahil kanina pa ito umiiyak. Hindi maiwasan ni Jane na mapa-isip. Hindi kaya...she shook her head in confusion. She didn't want to make an assumption about Sym and Addie but she couldn't help it. Talagang malakas ang kutob niya tungkol dito.

Sym silently entered the house and Jane followed him. Muling napalingon ang dalaga kay Addyson na hanggang ngayon ay natulos pa rin sa kinatatayuan nito.

"Addyson, everything will be alright. Trust me," Jane said, giving her a small reassuring smile, she knew that if she were in Addie's position she'd be freaking out more than Addyson was.

Addie nodded and plastered a forced smile on her face, then she wiped her clammy cheeks with the back of her palm. Jane felt a sudden tender pity for her. Ngunit mas nangingibabaw ang pag-alala niya, what if Sym's the father of her child? Could she accept it? Bakit hindi, pamangkin lang naman siya?

When they arrived at the living room, Sym promptly seated himself on the couch, not saying a thing. Para bang ang lalim-lalim ng iniisip nito.

Naupo naman si Jane sa katabi nitong armchair at si Addie naman ay pumwesto sa armchair katapat ni Sym.

Sym heaved a heavy sigh and stared at Addie. He was looking at her as if he was trying to memorize every angle of her face. Jane felt a pang of unknown feeling inside her chest, shocking herself.

"Babe, I'm going to ask this again...for the third time, sino ang ama ni Lyra?" mahinahong tanong ni Sym. Napalingon uli si Jane kay Addie, bakit ba siya ang kinakabahan sa isasagot nito.

Nakayuko pa rin ang dalaga, she was holding her cries by forcedly biting her lower lip, at kung hindi ito ititigil ng dalaga'y baka mag-dugo na ang labi nito.

Jane turned her head to look at Sym, napansin niyang nasasaktan rin ito sa nakikitang pagpipigil ni Addyson sa pag-iyak, "Is she mine?" maya-maya'y tanong nito.

"Sira ulo," mahinang bulong ni Addie.

He let out a short chuckle, "I missed you Addie and I could fucking kill Idris for doing this to you."

Linapitan ni Sym ang dalaga at saka ito yinakap ng mahigpit, dahil dito ay tuluyan nang bumayo ng hikbi at hagulgol and dalaga. Jane felt some kind of relief, nawala na rin ang kung anong nararamdaman niya. Para bang kapatid ni Sym si Addie sa pagkaka-yakap nito, comforting her.