Prologue

Lisa's POV

It happened 4 month ago. 4 month ago a beautiful fall day turned out to be the worst day of my life. By far.

Actually, it started really nice. I had a sleepover at my best friend's house and we made pancakes that tasted so good. I don't exactly know why I remember that taste so well but when I close my eyes it is like I eat these pancakes with that strawberry syrup again. I had plans with Lauren that day which made me even more excited. Our relationship was grate but unfortunately we didn't spend much time together that last week.

Because of the sun that was so bright that day I just knew it would be a good day.

In fact I knew nothing. Nothing at all.

At 10:27 am I got the phone call. Christina's voice was so fragile and tired and scared. I already knew that something was wrong when I only heard her saying "Hey". And then she told me what's wrong. That my little sister was not in her bed that morning. That she was nowhere to be found.

I remember rushing home as fast as I could, expecting Lauren to sit there on the couch smiling and explaining that she just went on a walk. She often went on walks. I guess she just needed time for herself. But this time she did not come home. And when I did come home Lauren wasn't there. No one saw her. No one knew where she was. Dani only remembered telling her good night before they went to sleep. She said everything was normal. I don't remember my last words to her even though I try so hard. Sometimes I think that in her last words there must be a clue. Anything that would tell me where she was. But there wasn't. Now after 4 month everything has changed. And everyone has changed. Changed for the worse.

Thank you so much for reading! This is my first story so I'm very open for comments and a little help. :) Since English is not my first language I apologize for every  single mistake!  So I would be really thankful if you tell me what you think about this. Thank you! <3 Oh and this story takes back in 2013. The girls still live together.