Chapter ten

Lisa's POV

Alex and his friend needed two days. They said it wasn't easy but then they could finally get access to that computer. They called me over and they sat me down on a chair in front of the screen. I could click to the files but there was nothing on the computer. Maybe the person just used it for sending us the message.

"Dam it!" I shouted because I was angry and upset and just really, really disappointed that we didn't find anything. I hoped for some clues but there was nothing.

"Maybe there are some deleted files that we can recreate" Alex' friend Percy suggested and I immediately let him sit on the chair. I felt hands on my shoulders and knew Alex wanted me to calm down. But I couldn't. I wanted to save my little sister. Is that too much to ask for? Why was it that complicated? Why wasn't anything easy anymore? I couldn't understand. I really didn't.

And then we waited. Again. Oh, how I hated that. Waiting was worse than anything else. And again I thought about memories.

Flashback

Once Lauren and I were at the movie theatre seeing a Disney movie. We already saw that movie but we didn't know what else to do and so we went again. This time we were the only people in that hall and we had so much fun. But after the movie the doors were locked. I'm sure they thought there was no one in there. Well we thought it was really funny. At first we shouted and knocked at the door but no one would open. Then we would run through the seats and play funny games. It was hilarious. Then after a while we sat down to eat our popcorn that we didn't finish during the movie. And then Lauren said: "I wish we could stay in here forever. It is like really surreal. In here everything is okay and it is like I' can be okay and just different."

But at that time the door finally opened and a woman looked at us shocked. Everyone apologized to us and we got free tickets for another movie that we saw a few days after. Somehow I had forgotten what Lauren said that day in that hall. Why hadn't I ask her what she meant?

One day after that, Lauren again went on her walks alone and she came back really late and really tired. She must have walked for a long time. She still smiled at me but that wasn't real. Later I heard her in the bathroom talking to herself which I thought was weird. Normally she didn't talk to herself. I leaned on to that door, trying to hear what she said. Then I could make out some word she said.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. I'm disgusting."

But in that exact moment Alex called me and so I walked away. I thought that maybe I didn't understand it right. That maybe she was okay. That she wasn't hurt. But was she hurt? If she said these words then she must have been. Why did I just walked away?

But does this have to do something with that kidnapper? I don't think so. Maybe with her condition? Or is there maybe a connection between everything? But what is it?"

"I think I have something." Percy finally said waking me up from my thoughts. He recreated everything he found and put every file on the desktop. There were like thirteen files or something. I immediately wanted to go through everything but both Percy and Alex were yawning behind me. I looked at the clock. It was already seven o' clock am. So we waited the whole night?

In two hour I could finally see Lauren again.

"Okay. You can go to sleep if you want but I want to go through it!" I explained and the boys nodded. They were too tired to stay awake so Percy laid down in his bed and Alex on the couch next to the table. After only a few minutes I heard their snoring. How can they be so loud during something so peaceful? Somehow I wasn't tired at all even though I didn't get much sleep lately.

I looked through the files opening a document. It was called after a date. It was about one year ago.

"Things Lauren learned today:" I was shocked when I saw that title. So this is it? It is the key to everything?

"Today Lauren learned to say sorry. She understood that it is important to say sorry and to feel it. Hopefully she will shatter because of feeling sorry. I gave her homework. She has to stand in front of the mirror and say that she is sorry, that it is her fault and that she is disgusting. She has to do this every night and every morning. I think she will believe it the next time I see her. If she doesn't it will get worse. Everything for you!"

I couldn't believe what I just saw. That were her words. That's what she said in the bathroom that night. When I just walked away. But this document was from one year ago. So this person let her suffer ever since? And why? What should be her fault? Lauren was the nicest person I've ever met. She would never hurt someone. At least not on purpose. What was that about? And was it a letter? Who was "you"? I didn't understand anything. Another document showed the same. Lauren again had to say some stupid false things.

I wanted to go through everything but visiting hours on seventh floor started and they were so short that I had to go to Lauren. She couldn't be alone any longer. Fast I put all the files on a  flash drive so that I could look at them later on my computer and then I walked to the hospital.

Thank you for reading! Lisa's getting closer! But what do you think, how's Lauren doing? Why isn't she talking? Will she be okay?