Chapter 6

Alex

He kissed me. He really kissed me. Maybe I was dreaming. Maybe I'm just mad. But I felt it. Was it real? Did he mean what he said? About that girl being wrong? I don't know. I can't tell. But that kiss had to be real.

But what if it wasn't ? What if it was just a way to get into my head. Not literally but figuratively. I should stop thinking about it. My mind has a lot on it already. He's just a boy. Just some dumb highschool boy.

"Alexandra!"

"Yes dad?" His breath smelled of whiskey and scotch.

"Where were you last night? Who dropped you off? No. Actually, who the HELL told you that you could take your dumbass out?! Because I sure as hell didnt ," His voice harsh and it was cutting my heart out as normal.

"Mom did." I said it loud enough to let him hear me but not louder than a whisper.

"You dumb bitch. She's dead , she overdosed 7 years ago. Get over yourself. She never even loved you."

I hate him. I hate him more then life itself. She's alive to me. She's alive in my head. She loves me. She has to love me, right? Maybe I need to let her go.

"Reality to Ms. Worthless, go get me my whiskey. Now, or you're gonna be sorry."

I ran into the kitchen, got his whiskey, and ran upstairs. I got my suitcase that has been packed for months. Everything I love and own is in that suitcase. I grabbed my keys and wallet and went out to my car. I finally had the money I needed.

I've been saving for years and now I actually got everything I need. That apartment will be mine. No more whiskey for him. He'll regret being who he turned into after mom.

Flashback begins

"Daddy, I'm home! You should have seen me this practice. I did such a good job. My defense was really good. Where is mommy ?"

"She's dead. You killed her." Her father had a brown drink in his cup. He had found her after his morning run hanging from the ceiling. She was hanging above a note.

The note read:

"To my husband Jordan and daughter Alexandra. I am deeply sorry I left so soon. I can't handle the constant disappointment I leave with everyone I've been around. This may make you happy finally. Its hard to leave my its killing me slowly to stay. I love Alexandra the most and I wish to leave her with everything. Jordan, be good to her and please move on to someone who will help you and not hurt you."

"Alexandra can't see this," Jordan thought to himself. "She'll think it was her fault." He called the police and they took Alandra.

All Jordan was thinking about was Alandra. He went to the kitchen and picked up the closest bottle to him and drank it. He began to love the brown liquid, he didn't think about Alandra or Alexandra. No priority or responsibility, the drink took him away.

Flashback Ends

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for the inconsistency. I hope you all are having happy holidays. This book is taking a turn. Will Josiah find out? Will Alex be okay on her own? How will this end? Those will all be answered eventually. Here is a "character guide" to help. Basically telling you who the characters are to Alex.

Alandra- mother (dead)
Jordan-father (alive)
Josiah- love interest
Alexis- mean girl

I'll try to update more. I promise. I hope you guys are doing great. Let me know what you think.

-Arii