Chapter 6 [The Royal Ball]

I felt really bad about discontinuing this book. So I've decided to at least try and finish it. *goes to library and checks out the Cinderella movie* time to get inspired!! *the thought of making people happy fills you with determination*
Y/N's POV:
The carriage slowly pulled up to the entrance of the palace. "Wow! I've never seen anything like this! It's so pretty!" I exclaimed, looking around at the beautiful decor. I stepped out of the carriage and walked down to the big doors, which two guards opened for me. I thanked them and walked on, still feeling their stares. I could see the dance floor and everyone in it. 'Oh my, this is amazing! Everyone looks like they're having fun!' I say to myself. I slowly make my way down the stairs. I feel so uneasy will everyone watching me, they even stopped the music just to look at me! Was something wrong? Was my dress unnatural?? *sweat drops*
No One's POV:
All the music suddenly came to an abrupt stop as everyone from all over the country turned to look at the (H/C) girl in a elegant (F/C) dress walk down the steps. The prince turned to see what was wrong, until he set eyes on the mysterious maiden. He could not believe his eyes, she was perfect. Just as she made her way to the dance floor, the prince jumped off his throne and walked straight to her as the group of people scatter, creating a perfect circle around the two. "Excuse me miss, will you do me the honor of having this dance?" He asks politely and he bows and holds out his hand. Hesitant, the (H/C) haired girl took his hand, "Yes.. I would love to" she smiles. The musicians quickly started a slow song. [play song above] He leads the girl to the center and begins dancing, soon other join in. "Who's that girl dancing with the prince?" Rose asks Martha. "I have no idea... I've never seen her before." She replies. "We'll go on girls! You might still have a chance!" The stepmother encourages her daughters. The three of them watch as the prince's small but loving smile as he looks at (Y/N). "Not a chance mother, he's obviously in love" Martha sighs heavily. "I see that.." the stepmother says gloomily.  As the song ended Yami suggested to (Y/N) if the could talk outside. "That would be nice." She says as she and Yami walk out to the royal gardens. "This is lovey! Look at all the beautiful flowers!" (Y/N) exclaims. "Yes they are very beautiful. But not as beautiful as you." He smiles. (Y/N) blushes deeply. "T-Thank you your majesty." "No need to be formal right now. You can call me Yami." He smiles yet again. "Alright prince Yami." She replies. "=🔻= close enough..." he chuckles. "So...How are you this fine night?" He asks. "Oh my doing just fine, how about you? Life as a prince must be such fun!" "Well... to be honest, it's not. I have to study and train and do a bunch of other stuff to be ready for the day I become my father. The king. I don't really think I'm suited to be king though..." he sighs sadly. "Nonsense! I believe you'll make a great and kind king! I believe you can do anything if you set your mind to it! I believe in you!" She encourages him. He is surprised by her sudden outburst, but his face quickly softness as he expresses a light chuckle. "Heh, thank you very much miss. It's really comforting to know that. Sets my mind at ease. Oh! By the way... you never told me your name." He smiles. "Oh my name is-" just as she is about to reveal her name, the clock strikes twelve. Remembering what Ryou said, she quickly gets up. "Is something wrong?" Yami asks worryingly. "I'm so sorry! But I have to leave!" She bow apologetic then quickly makes her way down the garden stairs and calls for her carriage. "Wait! Stop, come back! You haven't told me your name! Will I ever see you again?!" Yami calls out running down towards her. In a panic, (Y/N) runs faster down the stairs. (How can she do that in heels?! O-o) doing so, she loses one of her glass slippers. "Oh no!" She goes to try and retrieve it, but notices how close the prince is. She leaves the slipper there and runs the rest of the ways down and gets in the carriage. "Quickly! Let's go!" She says to the driver. Nodding the driver snaps the reins and takes off. The prince stops running and watches as her carriage pulls away. He looks down in defeat, then he notices the glass slipper. "Oh! She lost one of her slippers!" Looking at it for a long time... he makes a vow to find her again.
(Timeskip to house)
(Y/N) is back to her dress of rags and the carriage and animals revert to their original state. "Oh my! That was magical!" She says happily as she spins around in the attic. She pulls out her glass slipper and smiles and looks at the castle. "I'll never forget that dance, the prince, and everything. It will live on with me forever!" She hold the slipper close to her chest then hides it in her dress. "Well! I still have time before my stepmother and sisters come back. Time to make food and clean!" She says tightening a apron around her.
(Yet another time skip)
The carriage pulls up the the house. (Y/N) runs to the door and opens it for her step mother and sisters. "Welcome back! Did you have fun?" She asks trying to sound happy/ sad. Success. "We were until a mysterious girl came at the last minute and stole the prince away from us! I was about to make a move too.." Martha complains. "Oh MY that does sound terrible." (Y/N) pretends to sound surprised. "It was!" Rose says while putting her coat up. "Well dinner is on the table, enjoy" (Y/N)  says as she head to her room. The three women stare at her as she walks up the stairs. 'Why did she sound so happy? Did she make new vermin friends?' The three think. That night (Y/N) dreamed about her time at the place...and her time with Prince Yami.

1085 words!! I'm so proud *le happy tears*