Chapter 9, A Turn For The Worst

"Scared for you'r friends Agent Carolina?" Summer asked, her voice expressing pity. "Don't worry. We made it quick" She laughed.

Carolina stared in silence. Made it? That would mean they already did it. They couldn't have. Carolina denied her mind from thinking about it further. "You bitch!" And without warning Carolina charged at Summer. She was contolled by rage. This woman had burst into her life without any so much as a hello. Wash was passed out from blood loss because of her bullet and all her friends... who knows what was happening to them. Before she could act on punching though she stopped as a voice entered her mind. She really wants to win... It was... Theta? "W-what?" Carolina couldn't help but let the words tumble out.

"Hmmm, you just tried to punch me" Summer said, looking at the Ex-Freelancer infront of her. "You may have stopped but still, that wasn't the smartest decision" She growled. "Men. Fire!"

Carolina didn't remember much after that. She remembered her heart racing and the hundreds of bullets trying to penetrate her armor. She remembered falling down and passing out. That was it. Now, she was left unconcious. Alone with the words of an A.I. that she couldn't believe was actually there. Thetas. 'Carolina, are you okay? Are you sad? I'm sorry. Was it my fault? Carolina?'

Carolina hated it but she did blame the A.I. and it was their fault. If it hadn't spoken, well... she could have taken them all out. 'She's suffering from a rather bad injury Theta' That was Delta. 'I suggest talking to her while she can still think until i can solve the problem. If she stops having anything to think about, she'll give up...'

'Okay. What do i say?' Theta asked timidly.

'Anything. Just take caution. She can still hear you' Delta informed.

'Okay...' Theta said softly. 'C-Carolina, i'll um, tell you a story! Y-yeah!' Carolina listened intently. She knew it wouldn't be the best story but anything that she could focus on other then the pain was a plus. 'Once upon a time there was a young A.I. named Data'

...

Carolina opened her eyes. She was awake. Delta must have been finished with helping her, but it wasn't that short of a time. She could feel that it took longer. For some reason she had forgotten all of Thetas story... she shrugged tiredly and shook it off. Knowing that it would come to her eventually. She took a look at her surroundings and noticed she was in a airship. "Looks like Miss. Sleepypants is awake" A familiar voice quipped. She turned to see Tucker and Donut.

"What happened?" Carolina asked.

"W-we... " Donut tried to talk but was crying. "... lost, Sa-Sarge... he jumped infro..." He sniffled a couple times unable to pull himself together. Tucker wrapped an arm around the pink soldier. Their helmets were off and Donut was covered in blood. "I should- where... Simmons... Caboose... they..." Donut couldn't contain himself and broke out into tears.

Tucker sighed unable to look at Donut anymore without nearly tearing up. "We have a lot to talk to you about..."