JBF { 2 } Limits

~_~_~_~_~_~

Liberty High
May 21, Tuesday.
7:30 AM

I went to my locker and went to my first class on time. I noticed a vacant seat at the very back of the class and walked my way there.

The teacher stepped in the classroom and we all automatically stood and greeted him in a robotic manner.

"Take your seat, class."

Time passed by and it's finally our lunchtime. I contemplated whether I should get food first or meet Aaron first. Ugh, the dilemma.

I soon found a door that led to the rooftop with a sign that said

"Staffs only."

Dammit, what did I get myself into? I couldn't hear anything aside from my racing heart. I gathered up the courage and opened the door. My stomach felt like it has a million butterflies in it as cliché as it sounds.

"Aaron?" I called out. I looked at my right and saw him watching the view.

Agh, déjà vu.

I went over to his side and silence filled the place aside from our steady breathing.

"I've been thinking about something. Someone asked me, how do you stay in love?" He said. I stayed silent. "Truth be told, I don't know the answer to that question. It's not planned, there's not even a formula dammit!" He chuckled. "All I know that staying in love is a decision you make every day. You have to grow together and not grow apart. Despite how hard life can be, you never give up on each other." He smiled at me, a different glint in his eyes.

"But what if the other doesn't feel the same?" I said, voicing out my thoughts. He sighed. "That's a story for another time." I nodded. "Why did you ask me to come up here?" I asked. "I wanted to talk to you about something." He told me. "Spill the beans."

"I'm afraid it will damage something." He replied, his eyes softened. "That's just an assumption. I won't force you to say it." I gave him a small smile.

"I think—no I know, that, agh, dammit." He blushed, he turned around to hide his face. I chuckled and my heart fluttered from his reaction. I held his shoulder and he turned to look at me our face really close.

We stared at each other's eyes simply just mesmerized by it. Then his fingers held my chin and my lips slightly parted. Everything is happening too fast. This feels so wrong but my heart says it's so right.

Our faces moved a bit closer to each other, our eyes closed and the next thing we knew is that our lips met.

~_~_~_~_~_~

Dia-a Street, Juna Subd
7:45 PM

"Well, that's one way to confess for your undying love for each other," Jean commented. "You're not helping at all Jean!" I exclaimed burying my head on my pillow. I screamed in frustration. "We're supposed to be just best friend, not the other way around. What if we stopped talking? What if things started becoming more awkward? What if—" A pillow flew and hit my face. "Jean I swear!"

"Jesus! Get your crap together. Stop assuming things and talk to him! Talk to him about it. Don't just sit there and scream like a banshee." She handed me my phone. I grabbed it my handshaking. I looked at Jean again and she gave me an encouraging nod. I sighed and called his number.

"Stace? Shit, I'm sorry about that. I didn't know what came over me. I'm sorry for everything." His voice lingered with fear and sadness. "I—it's fine." I couldn't find the right words to say. "Let's just... forget about it. None of this affected our friendship together." I said. Friendship huh?

"I—" He hesitated. "Yeah. Sure. Nothing at all." He sounded a bit too forceful. My stomach twisted into knots. "See you at school?" I said. He hummed in response. The call ended. My heart dropped and tears were threatening to fall.

That's when I knew things will never be the same again.

~_~_~_~_~_~

Liberty High
May 22, Wednesday.

I ran through the hall for the first time desperate to go to class. Not wanting to talk to anybody in particular but that quickly went south when I hit a hard chest. I made an "oof" sound. I looked at who I bumped into and it was Aaron.

Out of all the students in Liberty High I had to bump into him. Thanks, author.

MiLyn: Excuse you, Stace.

"I'm sorry." I quickly said. I couldn't look at him in the eyes. Just looking at him is making my legs go weak. "It's alright. Be careful next time you dork." He chuckled. I managed to gather up the confidence and looked at him in the eye. I noticed that he got eye bags in his eye. What was he doing last night? I nodded and bid my goodbye.

"Wait, Stace. Don't we have classes together in the first period? Let me walk you there." He said casually, giving me a sly grin. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah sure, why not? Come on, you bighead." I gave him my signature smile. He nodded and we soon went to our first class together.

~_~_~_~_~_~

Recess
9:45 AM

We decided (mostly Jean) that the three of us will sit together during recess. I contemplated but Jean bribed me with food. We did small chitchats nothing eventful. "Hey, guys. I'm gonna go to the toilet. Give me a few minutes." He stood up and left. Then his phone rang. Jean and I looked at each other. Snoop or not snoop?

Snoop.

We grabbed his phone and looked at the caller.

"Leah."

"Isn't that Aaron's ex? Why is she calling him?" Jean said. I was shocked and felt a pang of jealousy. "We should leave it alone and let Aaron answer it," I said removing the phone from my hands. "Girl this is your chance to protect what is yours! Answer it and pretend to be his girlfriend or something. YOLO." She gave me a goofy smile. "Jean, no." I denied not wanting any unwanted trouble brewing.

Aaron came back and noticed his phone was ringing. He cursed under his breath and ended the call.

"Did I miss anything?"

~_~_~_~_~_~

Hey guys! Tomorrow is Monday yet again! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!