14

"This sure is relaxing" Jon said tilting his face back to the sun as the horses walked along slowly. Erika had completely let go of the reins and was ridding backwards with her eyes closed and a smile spread across her face. Baker wasn't sure that he trusted the horse that much yet. He was sure it was called Fil-leap-ay for a reason.
      "This is my most favorite place to be" Erika murmured quietly as reflections of bright green light danced around her face and played in her blonde hair. Jon gazed at her in wonder. It was like her calm and happy personality was contagious.
      "STOP! STOP PLEASE!" Erika jolted straight up at the shriek of a woman. "Sounds close by!" Jon called. "It's old lady Maybell! Her house is almost right on the trail" "Hiyah!" Jon called and both horses took off in the direction of the stressed cry.
      "Here it-" another man on a horse came crashing throught the bushes and cut in front of Erika but Cloud, suprisingly, didn't spook. Instead the horse took off with more power and speed than Jon had ever seen.
      Baker and Fil-leap-ay didn't waste much time either as they trotted up to dark wooden house hidden in the forest. An old woman was kneeling outside in the dirt. "Ma'am" Jon asked as he unmounted "are you alright?
      "Who are you? Please that was all I had!" She said though she was more angry than scared. Baker pulled out his wallet and showed his badge. "Ma'am I'm officer Jon Baker" Mrs. Maybell relaxed and shook her head.
      "That man took my money... took my wedding ring. Was that Erika I saw going by?" Jon nodded. "On Cloud?" He nodded again "Good. That's got to be the fastest horse on the face of this earth" "Don't worry. We'll get everything back. Let me help you up."
******
      "Com'mon on Cloud stay with him girl!" Erika said to her horse and Cloud snorted in response galloping faster. They easily started to gain on the man; each step bringing them closer.
      He was trying to outrun them on a Clydesdale. Though they were absolutely gorgeous they weren't built for endurance. They were more for working. Amateur Erika laughed to herself.
      Cloud pulled up beside the thief and a split second later Erika jumped off and tackled him to the ground. The two horses continued running untill her horse pulled in front of the Clydesdale and they stopped.
      "End of the line cowboy" Erika remarked pulling him to his feet but holding him so he wouldn't get away. She whistled for Cloud who also brought the Clydesdale along with her. "I don't understand" the man said scowling at his horse "It's so big! It should have run faster"
      Erika chuckled "That's the problem. Clydesdales are too big. That's why they're work horses; pulling carriages and other things." He shook his head in defeat.
******
      Jon and Mrs Maybell were sitting on the porch when he picked up hoof beats. Erika lead two horses and a man into the dirt yard. "That's him!" Mrs. Maybell yelled.
      Baker ran out to her to take the other horse. "A Clydesdale?" He asked as he took the reins. "Yeah. He didnt know any better. Mrs. Maybell can you call the police?" She nodded. "Sorry about this. Kind of ruined your days off huh?"
      Jon just smiled "Naw. I really enjoyed the riding we did get in" The thief just rolled his eyes.

______
Sorry if I didn't get some of the horse facts right! XD