Chapter Five

Demi's Pov

Hayley and I had our laptops out while as we told Wally and Dick about our lives when we were younger. We both had our chat box open and had decided to not tell them about Hayley's speed and my hacking skills. These could easily be people faking to be them and trying to get us. When we got to age ten, Hayley told them a WAY less glorified version of when we helped out at the bank. She told them that we helped distract the bank robbers while the cops entered the building and got everyone out.

"So you're a little like superheroes?" Robin asked. I wasn't exactly sure, but it sounded a bit like he already knew the answer but wanted to confirm.

"How would that make us heroes?" Hayley asked, trying to keep up our guard and not tell them the truth.

"You saved people, girls, that makes you heroes," Wally said.

"You don't need superpowers just to be heroes," Dick said. You and I know that. I thought. I was almost sure now that Hayley's theory was correct. However, Hayley was not as trusting as me.

D:I'm gonna tell them.

H: Don't you dare....

D:I trust them.

H: Wait, before you say anything just hear me out.

D: Ok, FINE.

H: They could be people from CADMUS disguised as Wally and Dick to capture us and bring us back.

"We'll tell you some more when we get to our house," I said, hoping we had told them enough so far that they would be satisfied. "The last three or so years of our lives have pretty much consisted of going to school, making friends, and trying to deal with TERRIBLE parents," I added, deciding that may keep them at bay.

"Actually A horrible parenT, Demi." She said, making the 'T' stand out. "It's not plural anymore."

"Ok, girls, that's all good information to know, but where on earth is your house?" Wally asked, sending both Hayley and me into mini fits of laughter. Since I had a little better sense of direction, and Wally had managed to get us lost, I told him what rights and lefts to make.

When we finally managed to arrive at home we led them into the living room and sat them down. They took the loveseat while Hayley and I took the couch. "Ok, now it's your turn to talk," Hayley said.

"Well, um... uh," Wally began, it must be a complicated story. "Where do we start?" He asked Dick, moving his hand to the back of his neck. "It's not exactly an easy story to explain."

"Basically we still don't have time for this. They could be coming at any moment." Dick said.

"Who could be coming at any moment?" I asked.There was no telling Hayley could be right, and these could be people from CADMUS. The real Wally and Dick could be on their way. However, Hayley and I must have switched brains, because she seemed to trust them now.

"Alright, stay here." She said, "I'll go pack up the rest of our stuff. We were planning on running away soon anyway, I guess you guys are just an easier way to get rid of Amy." She started to go upstairs, but Wally began talking.

"Running away?" Wally asked me.

"Well, yeah. We have the money from YouTube and our bank- well more of it from Amy- we saved (and stole from Amy) enough to afford an apartment." I told them, hanging my head low.

I felt a hand being set on my shoulder, I look up to see Dick and Wally had walked over and sat next to me. "Why would you run away from someone with money?" Said Wally.