The Year My Life Changed For Good

Every school had the pretty popular girls and the girls who are nerds and the girls who are into sports and then there are the girls who fly under the radar. I was one of those girls. My name is Jasmine Soroto, but all my friends call me Jas, and I'm currently a sophomore in high school with amazing friends and a terrific boyfriend, but we can't start there we have to go back to the beginning of my freshman year.

Freshman Year

"I am so ready to start school and meet all the new cute boy" Ashley said. Ashley was the girl that all the other girls wanted to be and all the guys wanted to get with, and because of the soccer team, one of my best friends. At that moment we walked by a group of football players and I saw him, my crush, Jason. He looked adorable he was tall and really attractive but he was also really nice. "Hey Jas, hey Ash" I turned to see Jason looking right at me. Guys like Jason don't normally pay attention to me and it was amazing, but Ash cut right in and started flirted leaving me to stand there looking dumb.

Jason's best friend, Austin came over to rescue me, he began talking to me but all I could think about was how good Jason looked and how much I wish I could be Ash at that exact moment. "Jasmine?" I realized that Austin must have asked me a question while I wasn't paying attention. "What did you say?" "Never mind I can see you are focused on someone else" and he huffed away angrily.

"What was that about?" Ash asked appearing suddenly at my side. "Nothing I hardly even know him". That was the truth I had only meet him once before and from what I knew about him he was a player and didn't deserve a minute of my time, unlike Jason. "Ok race you back to the fields" Ash shouted already starting to run back to the fields.

The next day I had to get up early to go to Freshman orientation, where I learned that my best friend, Brittney, was not in my homeroom and she was only in 2 of my chases. Britt and I have been friends since we were 10 and we have always had most of our classes together but this year was already turning out to be a lot different then I had planned.

We had to go to each of our classes to meet with our teachers and of course I walk into first period science and there is Austin sitting near Ashley and a few other people I vaguely knew. Ash had saved me a seat, directly next to Austin, who wouldn't even look at me.

As the teacher began to tell us about the class I began taking notes and as I do I hear snickering coming from next to me and there is Austin trying to act tough and not taking notes. "Already trying to be a teachers pet?" He asks in a rude tone. I look around me to see that nobody else is taking notes and I pretend not to feel foolish. I have always been on honor roll and done well in school. I am the girl who you would want your kid to be friends with, the one who all the parents like and trust, and the one who you can always rely on.

After going through the rest of the day, and having 2 more classes with Austin and one class with Jason, all I wanted to do was go home and relax, but I had soccer practice. Our first game was the next day and we were getting to practice on the turf that day. The freshman football team was practicing on the field right next to us which of course was very distracting. After practice Jason came over and started talking to me about school and asked if I would be at the game on Friday night. Without thinking I agreed with him, he had that affect on me, I would forget what I was doing whenever he came anywhere near me.

Ash told me she was also going to the have and that a bunch of people were hanging out at our teammate, Maggie's house before the game. Ashley and I spent the next hour deciding what to wear on the first day. I then called Britt to fill her in on what had happened that day. Before going to bed, I called my best guy friend, Josh, who was going to private school for high school. Josh and I had been friends for years and he knew everything about me and I knew everything about him. I told him about Austin and Jason and he told me to be careful of both of them because they are both players but I did not believe that Jason could possibly be a player.

"Jason is not a player, you are just jealous" I teased him.

" You know I'm only trying to protect you, you know how hard it is for you to love, I just dint want a repeat of the Jackson situation"

I hate that he brought up Jackson.